Lets see those trucks!

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
I have, need to deal with it at somepoint (truck is ~73k miles)
Yeah, a little bit past the recommended rebuild LoL. I talked to the guys at TSW at TRR last year, talking about what mods to do first etc. Ended up buying my bumpstop kit from them. Very helpful and super easy transaction. If not rebuilds or the Fox shocks...my friend has the stage 4 Icon kit on his Gen 1 and loves it and he sends it pretty hard.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Does anyone have a leveled 15+ platinum without bigger tires? I just put tires on my truck and would really like to level out the front, I just don't want it looking goofy with the factory size tire. Any help would be appreciated.

a6394a60efc9f1c5712c6c8a1a03c7fb.jpg

Not a platinum but leveled on Billstein 5100’s at the highest setting. Older pic. I had different wheels and LT Ridge Grapplers on it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

331 LX

Established Member
Life has been crazy. We had a baby girl 12/31 and in between houses until ours is finished! My house sold in a day basically so we had to get out.

It's been 5 months since I cleaned my truck. Ruby Red looks amazing when clean and in the sun.

Attachments

• 20210321_124325 (2).jpg
    20210321_124325 (2).jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 118

andymarkv

Established Member
I was looking for a project Reg-Cab, V8, Manual 4x4 to buy & fix up when I realized...I can just tinker on Dads '95 K2500!
I love my Dad, but this truck is just his motorized wheel barrow that gets ZERO love...He thinks I'm CrAzY for wanting to clean on it!

I had polished wheels on it, but that was a poor choice on my part due to no maintenance.
So I took a page from the '67-72 guys and got some 93-97 3/4 ton Ford Accuride steelies. They have a more aggressive offset, 1/2" wider(16x7) and have a "dished" look. Plus painted wheels are maintenance free!
Its leveled with old 265/75/16 KO1 BFG's and I stuck 2" rear spacers on it to correct the weird trackwidth mismatch from that vintage truck.

What makes it cool to me is the stick! NV4500 that shifts like a bus...but you're not going to bang gears in a truck like this.
I did a '7427 ECM and Vortec 350 swap years ago...but am now trying to readdress the tune. Hopefully I can finally make a TBI engine run well!

truck front.PNG
Truck rear.PNG
Truck rear1.PNG
truck shifter.jpg
truck shifter1.JPG

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
I was looking for a project Reg-Cab, V8, Manual 4x4 to buy & fix up when I realized...I can just tinker on Dads '95 K2500!
I love my Dad, but this truck is just his motorized wheel barrow that gets ZERO love...He thinks I'm CrAzY for wanting to clean on it!

I had polished wheels on it, but that was a poor choice on my part due to no maintenance.
So I took a page from the '67-72 guys and got some 93-97 3/4 ton Ford Accuride steelies. They have a more aggressive offset, 1/2" wider(16x7) and have a "dished" look. Plus painted wheels are maintenance free!
Its leveled with old 265/75/16 KO1 BFG's and I stuck 2" rear spacers on it to correct the weird trackwidth mismatch from that vintage truck.

What makes it cool to me is the stick! NV4500 that shifts like a bus...but you're not going to bang gears in a truck like this.
I did a '7427 ECM and Vortec 350 swap years ago...but am now trying to readdress the tune. Hopefully I can finally make a TBI engine run well!

View attachment 1698986 View attachment 1698987 View attachment 1698989 View attachment 1698991 View attachment 1698992

Bad ass!!!! I was going to say 95 was the WORST year for TBI trucks but if you converted it to vortec then that’s awesome! Sweet truck.

^^
@gimmie11s would be digging this.

691-B65-DD-B4-E5-4726-99-BF-C1-E3-F1-CB4-C33.gif

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

andymarkv

Established Member
Bad ass!!!! I was going to say 95 was the WORST year for TBI trucks but if you converted it to vortec then that’s awesome! Sweet truck.
I agree TBI is lame....sort of...? I'm now learning that the achilles heel of these TBI trucks is the stock fuel pump.
They just don't flow enough to support much power/rpm.
Although the stock swirl port heads are junk...I swapped to crate Vortec and it still lays over at 4000 rpm...sometimes?
I now understand that the stock fuel pump in these trucks is just borderline of what I need. If I do a WOT pull through 2nd into 3rd, it lays over at 3500-4000. Go WOT in 3rd starting at 3500, it pulls hard to 5000! I need to diagnose with a gauge and wideband, but hopefully a new pump for a TPI f-body will be the solution!

I messed a round for YEARS in the early 2000's with this '95 350 TBI NV3500 truck before anybody really knew anything. I stuck a small Comp Cam in it, cause that's what you do with a SBC and man what a mess!! Speed density does NOT like the vacuum signal altered!!
I crutched it with a vacuum referenced fuel pressure regulator and it ran ok....but always laid over at 4000rpm! I wonder now, if I knew about the fuel pump problems...it might have been a lot more fun.
Tbi front.jpg
TBI.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread