Lets see those trucks!

M91196

Established Member
I like that truck!
Any more photos? Details?

Nothing super special, 2016 5.0 XLT typical dealer spec w/ electric locker that was a must have. Then I added the typical stuff-Bilsteins all around t, wasn’t happy with ride and she sagged a bit up front so I then added Eibach springs, that was one of my better moves, should have done it the first go. Banks exhaust, forged Ford Performance Raptor take off wheels, factory external trans cooler when I serviced trans this spring.
Not sold on the black wheels since I am an old bastard, it looks like a high school kids truck.

M91196

Established Member
Just leveled with Raptor take offs? I’m considering a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did the Bilstein 5100 and with the factory spring maxed out I got just under 2 inches after things settled.
So you should not have any issues with Raptor take offs, my crash bars don’t hit.
I kept looking at how much preload I had in to the factory springs and decided to grab a set of Eibach pro lifts so I could run them on the longest setting and hopefully gain back some height and better ride. I felt I accomplished both and wished I had done it the first time. I got them for under $150.
I didn’t take a picture of the factory springs relaxed but you can see there is a bit more to work with. Disappointed the Bilsteins up front went to hell and the backs look like new after a couple New England winters.
4b545753f5d4bb799dab3085539e1a55.jpg

5fab8cdc18eea8b067b9f30b5e7dab77.jpg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing super special, 2016 5.0 XLT typical dealer spec w/ electric locker that was a must have. Then I added the typical stuff-Bilsteins all around t, wasn’t happy with ride and she sagged a bit up front so I then added Eibach springs, that was one of my better moves, should have done it the first go. Banks exhaust, forged Ford Performance Raptor take off wheels, factory external trans cooler when I serviced trans this spring.
Not sold on the black wheels since I am an old bastard, it looks like a high school kids truck.
I like it man!! Not too shabby.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I did the Bilstein 5100 and with the factory spring maxed out I got just under 2 inches after things settled.
So you should not have any issues with Raptor take offs, my crash bars don’t hit.
I kept looking at how much preload I had in to the factory springs and decided to grab a set of Eibach pro lifts so I could run them on the longest setting and hopefully gain back some height and better ride. I felt I accomplished both and wished I had done it the first time. I got them for under $150.
I didn’t take a picture of the factory springs relaxed but you can see there is a bit more to work with. Disappointed the Bilsteins up front went to hell and the backs look like new after a couple New England winters.
View attachment 1647455
View attachment 1647456

I have Billsteins on all four corners the highest setting on the fronts. Factory springs, I just don’t wanna have issues with the crash bars. You have a good looking truck.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive gone back and forth a ton on what setting. I’ve had the 5100s in the box for a few months now lol. Rears have made a huge difference. We just got a camper so I’m honestly leaning to go boring and stay at stock height. I’m pretty damn level with trailer hooked up and the bed loaded for an average camping weekend...
I have Billsteins on all four corners the highest setting on the fronts. Factory springs, I just don’t wanna have issues with the crash bars. You have a good looking truck.

Edit - pics not working from my new phone dammit

Last edited:

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Ive gone back and forth a ton on what setting. I’ve had the 5100s in the box for a few months now lol. Rears have made a huge difference. We just got a camper so I’m honestly leaning to go boring and stay at stock height. I’m pretty damn level with trailer hooked up and the bed loaded for an average camping weekend...

Edit - pics not working from my new phone dammit

The rear Billstein’s made a huge difference factory shocks are junk on these trucks. I did the 2.1 setting because I don’t tow. I may get a trailer within the next year for lawnmowers and yard work but that’s it for now.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I love the trucks, I just wish they offered a leather seating package for the Trail Boss.

Agreed a co-worker of mine really wanted a Trail Boss but bought a high country because he couldn’t get all the options he wanted in the Trail Boss.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Agreed a co-worker of mine really wanted a Trail Boss but bought a high country because he couldn’t get all the options he wanted in the Trail Boss.
Yeah, it's too bad. I think I've built the truck like 3 times on the Chevy website and tried to add the leather and all the goodies, but it moves you into another truck all together.
The RST is a really nice truck as well.

F8l Vnm

Established Member
Yeah, it's too bad. I think I've built the truck like 3 times on the Chevy website and tried to add the leather and all the goodies, but it moves you into another truck all together.
The RST is a really nice truck as well.

you can get leather in a TB , just has to be the LT version. In fact you can option the LT TB with some nice options like back up camera , front and back sensors , sunroof, rear sliding window. Only option I don’t think the LT comes with is the advanced safety stuff,360 cameras etc. The custom does not give the trail boss a leather package. Is this what you mean ?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
you can get leather in a TB , just has to be the LT version. In fact you can option the LT TB with some nice options like back up camera , front and back sensors , sunroof, rear sliding window. Only option I don’t think the LT comes with is the advanced safety stuff,360 cameras etc. The custom does not give the trail boss a leather package. Is this what you mean ?
Maybe it's the custom?? Not sure.
I want the heated seats, heated steering wheel, heated outside mirrors, remote start, and all that good stuff my '16 Ram Sport has.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I tow a lot. Most of my driving since corona has been towing the boat around and the camper. I have I think 5k towing miles just on the boat over the last 3 seasons and we went out a lot less than normal last year with all the flooding. I’m thinking I’ll just leave this F150 stock height then I’ll take a look at super duties for my next truck. Tremor is sooo tempting...
The rear Billstein’s made a huge difference factory shocks are junk on these trucks. I did the 2.1 setting because I don’t tow. I may get a trailer within the next year for lawnmowers and yard work but that’s it for now.

Users who are viewing this thread