Lets see those trucks!

andymarkv

Established Member
Finally got my paint to match mirror caps & tailgate handle on.
IMG_2707.PNG
IMG_2705.PNG
IMG_2711.PNG
IMG_2710.PNG

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
View attachment 1632681
Pulled the trigger on a Bilstien 5100 kit and some Fuel Assaults/33x12.50x20 General Grabbers. View attachment 1632681

Beautiful bud, the 5100’s are my favorite mod on my truck. Love the wheels. Did you have to change your speedo? I’m gonna need to replace my factory Goodyear’s in the fall. Thinking of ridge grapplers, but also thought maybe wheels too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Beautiful bud, the 5100’s are my favorite mod on my truck. Love the wheels. Did you have to change your speedo? I’m gonna need to replace my factory Goodyear’s in the fall. Thinking of ridge grapplers, but also thought maybe wheels too.

How much of a difference did the 5100s make? The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the best truck tires I have ever had. I'll be doing a review of them in the near future.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
How much of a difference did the 5100s make? The Nitto Ridge Grapplers are the best truck tires I have ever had. I'll be doing a review of them in the near future.

It raised the front of my truck up. I used the 2.1 setting there highest setting. I wanna say I got really close to 2” if not right under. I took before and after measurements but it’s been over a year ago. I also put matching rear shocks on not for lift but ride and night and day it rode so much better than the factory rears. Especially when you hit bumps on the road it feels more planted.

I’ll be looking for a review on them when you post it. A co-worker or mine said the same thing when he got them for his Silverado.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Speedo was right on, which was kind of hard to believe. 18 revs per mile difference. But I GPS checked it and checked it against a radar sign and both were within a mile per hour. Doesn't get much closer than that!
I loved the 5100's too. The front geometry was not impacted as bad with these as other leveling kits that use a spacer on top of the strut. When I aligned it I was expecting to see it toed in but it was actually in spec. Towards the limit, but did not change as much as the spacer style levels.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Speedo was right on, which was kind of hard to believe. 18 revs per mile difference. But I GPS checked it and checked it against a radar sign and both were within a mile per hour. Doesn't get much closer than that!
I loved the 5100's too. The front geometry was not impacted as bad with these as other leveling kits that use a spacer on top of the strut. When I aligned it I was expecting to see it toed in but it was actually in spec. Towards the limit, but did not change as much as the spacer style levels.

That’s awesome what size wheels 18”s? When I took mine to get an alignment done he was done pretty quick I believe it was the same thing the toe was in but almost out. Everything else was good.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
That’s awesome what size wheels 18”s? When I took mine to get an alignment done he was done pretty quick I believe it was the same thing the toe was in but almost out. Everything else was good.

20" wheels. 20x10 with a-19 offset. They stick out a little farther than I would have liked. The only other option was a -18 and would not have made much difference. Not worth waiting for anyway, they were on backorder.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I need to do my front 5100s. The rears have been epic so far. I’ll post a pic. I tow a lot so I’m thinking the .79 or 1.26 setting to even up wheel well spacing but still keep enough rake.

andymarkv

Established Member
The skull caps are on my list. Did you get yours off eBay? Hard to do?
They a little bit of a PITA to swap out.
There are two methods, pull the glass off & disassemble the mirror...or, pry & yank on the existing caps and they either come off clean, or break the mounting tabs. I did the pull method, passenger came off with minimal damage to the tabs...driver side broke them all.

I PM'd Steve@Tasca & bought OEM PTM caps and had a local paint shop spray them.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
They a little bit of a PITA to swap out.
There are two methods, pull the glass off & disassemble the mirror...or, pry & yank on the existing caps and they either come off clean, or break the mounting tabs. I did the pull method, passenger came off with minimal damage to the tabs...driver side broke them all.

I PM'd Steve@Tasca & bought OEM PTM caps and had a local paint shop spray them.

Damn doesn’t sound fun. Still gonna do it.

ndinadis

Established Member
Where did you get the painted tailgate handle? I want to get the mirrors and handle paint matched as well.
And the 5100s is next on the list as I have heard they handle much better and I’m wanting to level it as well.
Buying a truck is like having another mustang, there is so much I want to do to it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macworld

Established Member
I need to do my front 5100s. The rears have been epic so far. I’ll post a pic. I tow a lot so I’m thinking the .79 or 1.26 setting to even up wheel well spacing but still keep enough rake.
I have the 5100's at all 4 corners, and tow a boat regularly now, with zero issues. I raised it up to the second highest setting, which I believe was 1.76 inches. There is a very small amount of rake in it, but it is close to level. I have had 3 cubic yards of mulch in it with zero sag, same with pulling the boat. I am extremely happy with them.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    338.1 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
How heavy is your boat? Mine's not too heavy but we usually have the bed full of dog kennels, lawn chairs, coolers, etc going to the lake so its not just tongue weight for me.

HuntFishCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Wow sweet I'm running about 3k or so on mine, just a 17.5 aluminum bass boat so it's nothing crazy.

macworld

Established Member
Wow sweet I'm running about 3k or so on mine, just a 17.5 aluminum bass boat so it's nothing crazy.
Thats awesome. It is nice using the truck for truck duty. My biggest goal with the shocks was to raise the front end, improve the ride, and not have the headlights up look under any combo. Fully loaded with 3 yards of mulch, and it was still perfect, drove perfect, I was super impressed. For no more than these shocks cost, they really should be either a first mod, or what comes on the truck from the factory.

Users who are viewing this thread