Lets see those trucks!

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Agreed. Just called and they hung up on me. I’m fuming currently luckily I have children to pick up shortly or I would be sitting at someone’s desk. And it will not be pretty. Told me just because you googled something doesn’t mean it’s true. I said your right the 2 ****** qts that it was low is the problem.

C2tuck

Established Member
53259510695609af3dcd6a876cfd797b.jpg

Love my 6.7

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Agreed. Just called and they hung up on me. I’m fuming currently luckily I have children to pick up shortly or I would be sitting at someone’s desk. And it will not be pretty. Told me just because you googled something doesn’t mean it’s true. I said your right the 2 ****** qts that it was low is the problem.

Go in and talk to the service manager.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Question for the guys with the newer 5.0 liter trucks I’ve did 2 oil changes since January and my truck has been 2qts low both times. Anyone else run into this and what conversation have been had with dealer. Tia
TSB 19-2338, blaming it on high levels of vacuum during fuel shut down deceleration. PCM update and a different dipstick to make you feel better about the 2 quarts of oil it will burn in an oil change interval. Total bullshit, but that's the fix.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
TSB 19-2338, blaming it on high levels of vacuum during fuel shut down deceleration. PCM update and a different dipstick to make you feel better about the 2 quarts of oil it will burn in an oil change interval. Total bullshit, but that's the fix.

Wow, so happy I went with a low mile 15 in 2018 vs a 2018.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
IMG_4950.JPG

I bought my daily new, only new car-truck I ever bought. I break it, build it stronger, break something else and continue the cycle. It will get a blueprint ls427 when the motor lets go. It has over 180k miles on it now. Performabuilt trans, 14bolt rear with a Detroit truetrack, Deaver rear springs, fiberglass front fenders. It’s a fun truck that takes a beating

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Yup when the service manager called back that was his exact response.. I laughed and said so we can widen the range of oil consumption on the dip stick to correct this?!! what a joke.. and we are gonna retune to lower the vacuum levels during deceleration and that is gonna somehow burn less oil?!?! Im taking it in next oil change to let them change it on there dime and I will continue to bust there ass until we come to a fixed resolution

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
Well don't bust too hard, not much they can do. Ford is aware. They had been installing short blocks prior to the TSB release. Still using oil. It's Fords **** up, not the dealer. Ford will no TV authorize short block replacement now so the dealer won't get paid. Engineers better work harder to resolve this or they will lose customers.

bakers4v4_6

Established Member
Yea I know its not the dealers fault and honestly when i called if they had said I understand your concern bring it in and lets look at it or let me check and see if they have any bulletins posted of said issue I wouldn't be so hard... But the tech essentially said I wasn't capable of determining if it was low or not and just because I read something online doesn't mean there is a issue... I clearly did not take well to his response after spending good money on a new truck I do not expect problems..

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
It’s an iron headed 302 that puts down 306rwhp, TKO600 and a centerforce clutch, 31spline 8.8 with a cobra lsd. Had a chassisworks front clip with the a-arm suspension and qa1 coilovers in front(qa1 in back but not coilovers yet) wilwood 4piston brakes on all corners. I have a power steering rack and pump, just need the brackets and it will work great for parking lot events. We have a truck arm rear suspension planned but hopefully that will get done this summer. That will cure the wheel hop issues. Motor pulls hard all the way to 6500rpm in 5th gear (according to the teemed calculator its above 160)

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread