Let's see those REAL dogs...

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
My precious baby girl, Bryndal, just passed away. She was an amazing best friend, truly a ride or die companion and just shy of 11 y/o. She was so playful yesterday and she passed in her sleep a few hrs ago laying beside my bed on her favorite fuzzy blanket. She must have had a heart attack, since she had no health issues. I'm gonna miss you baby girl and thank you, God, for allowing her in my life. She helped me get through some rough times, always being there and never letting me down...

Damn. Very sorry for your loss. Boxers are a special breed and have personality for days. Like others said, be glad she felt no pain and was able to pass peacefully.

I've been taking my 11 year old Boxer to chemo every week after he was diagnosed with lymphoma in January. The doctor told me he would have about 8 months to live so I'm just taking one day at a time, giving him the absolute best.

52892516920_2dab6f836e_c.jpg

10 years ago- crazy it's the same pup
52892580958_847f73fc9c_c.jpg

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Damn. Very sorry for your loss. Boxers are a special breed and have personality for days. Like others said, be glad she felt no pain and was able to pass peacefully.

I've been taking my 11 year old Boxer to chemo every week after he was diagnosed with lymphoma in January. The doctor told me he would have about 8 months to live so I'm just taking one day at a time, giving him the absolute best.

poor guy, how's he handling treatment?

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
My precious baby girl, Bryndal, just passed away. She was an amazing best friend, truly a ride or die companion and just shy of 11 y/o. She was so playful yesterday and she passed in her sleep a few hrs ago laying beside my bed on her favorite fuzzy blanket. She must have had a heart attack, since she had no health issues. I'm gonna miss you baby girl and thank you, God, for allowing her in my life. She helped me get through some rough times, always being there and never letting me down... View attachment 1793417View attachment 1793418View attachment 1793420

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
So sorry for your loss.

MinGrey02Stg2

Established Member
poor guy, how's he handling treatment?
Chemo side effects for dogs are tolerated way better (seemingly) than humans. They don't lose their hair or show adverse behavioral changes. My dog has put on a few lbs from the prednisone he's on, but his energy and excitement is like when he was young again. Apparently the end will be more of a sudden decline and not a gradual one so that's what has me just preparing to lose him at any second. He's being spoiled a ton though.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Chemo side effects for dogs are tolerated way better (seemingly) than humans. They don't lose their hair or show adverse behavioral changes. My dog has put on a few lbs from the prednisone he's on, but his energy and excitement is like when he was young again. Apparently the end will be more of a sudden decline and not a gradual one so that's what has me just preparing to lose him at any second. He's being spoiled a ton though.
Good to hear about the symptoms but definitely stinks knowing it could go downhill at any times

Mine has kidney failure and she’s stable on current treatment but no idea what to expect. Assuming it continues going well taking a day off at the end of the month for her adoption day since it seems unlikely she’d make another

LS WUT

Established Member
My precious baby girl, Bryndal, just passed away. She was an amazing best friend, truly a ride or die companion and just shy of 11 y/o. She was so playful yesterday and she passed in her sleep a few hrs ago laying beside my bed on her favorite fuzzy blanket. She must have had a heart attack, since she had no health issues. I'm gonna miss you baby girl and thank you, God, for allowing her in my life. She helped me get through some rough times, always being there and never letting me down... View attachment 1793417View attachment 1793418View attachment 1793420

I’m so sorry for your loss brother. They’re truly a god send, and most people don’t deserve them. May she rest in peace.

SGT MERC

Established Member
Thank you... I still have my 2 Dogo Argentinos, I live them to death, but they don't compare to my boxer, goofy loving personality wise. I'm thinking of getting another female boxer puppy. The wife doesn't want to, but I'm sure she'll change her mind.
On another note... I hope you get many, many more days of love and companionship from your buddy. He's a beautiful pup.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
My 2 Irish Wolfhounds. Keira on the left (5 years old), and her son Lochlan on the right (9 months old).

I've owned a lot of dogs over the years, but nothing compares to these. We have friends that take theirs hog, deer and coyote hunting on the weekends, then let their grandkids crawl on them. Incredibly loyal, smart and amazing personalities. They don't chase cats, squirrels or other small animals either.

One really fascinating thing is the community that supports these rare dogs. There's a online database that tracks them. For example, our girl Keira, this database (The Irish Wolfhound Database) tracks her pedigree back to 1875.

For size reference, I'm 6'0". Both dogs are currently 140 lbs and Lochlan is only 9 months old. He will grow more.

Keira and lochlan window.jpg

Recon

Established Member
fc77d8c36280f0acc3c0005a480ddc3f.jpg

e9ce8e17272074a4a4242d2bee4c3e41.jpg

It’s always interesting when you get another dog and you start noticing similarities between you’re current and passed dogs. My little sweetheart has a similar trait as my little buddy did; they won’t make a noise or move from that spot. They just sit observing everything happening around them.

Sent from somewhere in the twilight zone…

Users who are viewing this thread