Let's see those REAL dogs...

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe it’s in the wiki link - too much protein over time is supposed to be hard on their kidneys as well - how do address that part of it?

I don’t feel like I have much margin for error with her diet going forward so may stick with established kidney health diets but definitely not feeding the next dog all kibble no matter how good it supposedly is

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Bishop hard at work, wife sent me this while I was 15' up a tree getting snowed on. She said his tounge was flapping around every time he snored lol.

53058.jpeg

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe it’s in the wiki link - too much protein over time is supposed to be hard on their kidneys as well - how do address that part of it?

I don’t feel like I have much margin for error with her diet going forward so may stick with established kidney health diets but definitely not feeding the next dog all kibble no matter how good it supposedly is
I wouldn't change her diet at this point. But in answer to your kidney question, there are additives that help kidney health. We never had a problem with it, however.

The idea behind this kind of diet is to mimic what they might eat in the wild. Dogs ancestors ate raw. Their systems are designed for it. Well, maybe not all breeds (looking at you, Pugs). We took a week or 2 easing them into the diet and it was a very smooth transition.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
E00FE444-DA28-4CB0-98E3-1A03B0433A37.jpeg
Just got her back from the vet again, she immediately started digging in her hole for a few then started chewing the stick. She clearly feels worlds better.

Her blood work from Monday morning exceeded hopes - creatinine dropped from 10 to 3.7 (they were hoping for 5, 2-3 is more of a normal range). After two more days of treatment should be even better.

More blood work in 2 weeks

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1778012Just got her back from the vet again, she immediately started digging in her hole for a few then started chewing the stick. She clearly feels worlds better.

Her blood work from Monday morning exceeded hopes - creatinine dropped from 10 to 3.7 (they were hoping for 5, 2-3 is more of a normal range). After two more days of treatment should be even better.

More blood work in 2 weeks
That's awesome man!!
I'm hoping for the best brother! Good luck.

Stage 4.6

Established Member
After loosing my 2 old Pitties too cancer a couple years ago, i decided to Pick up this beautiful girl at a rescue a few months ago! She's 4yrs old full of energy.

Attachments

• 20230114_163945 (Medium).jpg
    20230114_163945 (Medium).jpg
    130.3 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230114_163530 (Medium).jpg
    20230114_163530 (Medium).jpg
    244.8 KB · Views: 83

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Just had a scary couple nights with my 2 year old pup. She literally shit diarrhea all over the bed three times and all over the couch, floors....shit. Then she was feeling horrible. I stayed up with her most of the night while she was shaking. I called the ER for animals at 4am and they said she is stable so call your Vet first thing. Got into my Vet immediately and they started tests. She threw up a toy she chewed up the day before so I was thinking maybe a blockage, bad dog food or she ate something in the yard. No blockage after xrays which was good, so they gave us meds for this and that. She started to feel better afterwards. Now she is all good, thank god. We think it was bad dog good, but Royal Canin is usually spot on.

Attachments

• Sophie.jpg
    Sophie.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 69

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Just had a scary couple nights with my 2 year old pup. She literally shit diarrhea all over the bed three times and all over the couch, floors....shit. Then she was feeling horrible. I stayed up with her most of the night while she was shaking. I called the ER for animals at 4am and they said she is stable so call your Vet first thing. Got into my Vet immediately and they started tests. She threw up a toy she chewed up the day before so I was thinking maybe a blockage, bad dog food or she ate something in the yard. No blockage after xrays which was good, so they gave us meds for this and that. She started to feel better afterwards. Now she is all good, thank god. We think it was bad dog good, but Royal Canin is usually spot on.
Scary stuff, glad she’s doing better. I’d definitely be giving her something else just in case, wonder if there’s any way to get that food tested, I’d keep a sample somewhere for now at least

Users who are viewing this thread