This is my bitch.

She's getting anxious for bird season.View attachment 1514129

Sent from my XT1650 using the svtperformance.com mobile app
YES! Makes me miss my best buddy Ray.

9sxztd.jpg

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
My friend's two dogs but I am around them for 3/4 of my day so they are like mine to me. The GS is an 11mo old female and the Mal is about 10 now and sadly might be at the end of his run soon. Malamutes are the best though because they are complete assholes and they still have a lot of wild instincts in them.
20180907_175012.jpeg
20180907_175110.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G935P using the svtperformance.com mobile app

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I'd love to have a Malamute, we have the same personality, but I don't have the time to devote to one.

That's the thing though, they don't require a lot of attention except for having to keep them from killing other animals that aren't dogs. Rhino gets along with most other dogs or will tolerate them, but if it is a deer, cat, or goat then he will go full wild and attack them. I don't have the time or patience for a needy dog but every Malamute I have known has been pretty independent and nearly self-sufficient. They are about the only dog I could live with if I ever get my own.

Smooth

Well Seasoned
Established Member
That's the thing though, they don't require a lot of attention except for having to keep them from killing other animals that aren't dogs. Rhino gets along with most other dogs or will tolerate them, but if it is a deer, cat, or goat then he will go full wild and attack them. I don't have the time or patience for a needy dog but every Malamute I have known has been pretty independent and nearly self-sufficient. They are about the only dog I could live with if I ever get my own.
That's just it...I like to kill the wildlife around here. I'm selfish like that.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
That's just it...I like to kill the wildlife around here. I'm selfish like that.

Well they they would be right at home with you lol. We have had thieves and tweakers lurking around our shop at times and he will pick up on your reaction to it. If you try to creep up on them he will creep right next to you. If you run out after them in a hurry or if you are about to fight he will go nuts! One time we took a guy down and he got held back inside the office as we were in a scuffle. We came back and he was frothing and bleeding from his mouth which I'm not sure why but I think he did it trying to bust through the door to get out. Super territorial dogs and super intuitive. Their personalities are like no other.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Parents bred husky / malamute mixes, so i was around them my whole life, up to 7 at a time. I love the breed
That's a lot of Mals at one time! The most I have ever been around was two at a time and that can get crazy. It just sucks that you get a decent sized 140+lb one and they only live to like 12 or 13 at most. My friend that has this one had one of the largest on record, a Wakon at 187lbs lean! When he got him he was over 200lbs. Lived to be 10 when he was only supposed to go 8 years. I had someone tell me their friend had one that was 220 though but never confirmed. You never get the true sense of their size until they are next to you. They are essentially Wolves that can come up to your waist.

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
I've probably posted this before but this was Saber, the big one, and that was after they rescued him and put him on a diet because his heart was going bad from being overweight. If you were sitting on the couch and he wanted to be close to you, he would push the coffee table out of the way so he could stand on your feet and lean against your legs.

On one occasion, the neighbor's Chihuahua and Pit dug under the fence into my friend's yard that had this guy and then a 140lb female Mal as well. The female was always more the aggressor, so when the Chihuahua came up from underneath she took its head right off. The Pit got under later and they fought but Saber came over to defend her and the other neighbor who witnessed the whole ordeal said he clinched the other dog by the chest and bit right through it, collapsing the chest. That is how my friend found the dog when he got the call to come home. Said it looked like a shark bit through it. The other dogs came into their yard so no fines or anything but the female was already on a list. They would give the big guy cow thigh bones all the time and you would hear him in the other room just biting through them like it was a shattering 2x4. He was one of those freaks of nature and a real dog by any definition of it. Still miss him.

IMAG0574.jpeg
250706_10151267400611729_1352991162_n.jpeg
IMG_20160723_004814.jpeg

Just to note: Im 5'8 and that is him standing next to me and is clearly taller than my waist.

My friend is 6'2 and was about 220lbs in the picture on the bed. His wife would get up for work and the dogs would jump in her place next to him.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
I've probably posted this before but this was Saber, the big one, and that was after they rescued him and put him on a diet because his heart was going bad from being overweight. If you were sitting on the couch and he wanted to be close to you, he would push the coffee table out of the way so he could stand on your feet and lean against your legs.
On one occasion, the neighbor's Chihuahua and Pit dug under the fence into my friend's yard that had this guy and then a 140lb female Mal as well. The female was always more the aggressor, so when the Chihuahua came up from underneath she took its head right off. The Pit got under later and they fought but Saber came over to defend her and the other neighbor who witnessed the whole ordeal said he clinched the other dog by the chest and bit right through it, collapsing the chest. That is how my friend found the dog when he got the call to come home. Said it looked like a shark bit through it. The other dogs came into their yard so no fines or anything but the female was already on a list. They would give the big guy cow thigh bones all the time and you would hear him in the other room just biting through them like it was a shattering 2x4. He was one of those freaks of nature and a real dog by any definition of it. Still miss him.
View attachment 1514239View attachment 1514249View attachment 1514250
Just to note: Im 5'8 and that is him standing next to me and is clearly taller than my waist.
My friend is 6'2 and was about 220lbs in the picture on the bed. His wife would get up for work and the dogs would jump in her place next to him.
Holy crap those are some huge dogs!!!!
Don't they have a part/some wolf in that breed?

svtfocus2cobra

Established Member
Holy crap those are some huge dogs!!!!
Don't they have a part/some wolf in that breed?
They are known to be the closest related to wolves, like one step away as a breed basically. When you see a wolf hybrid it is typically half Mal, half wolf. They retain a lot of the same instincts and pack mentality.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
This could've gone in the LOL thread but figured it would be better appreciated here. View attachment 1515248

...and Maximus said to Commodus, "the time for honoring yourself will soon come to an end."

Whenever my dogs bark in the house I always thank them for letting me know that nobody is here.

Users who are viewing this thread