Let's see those REAL dogs...

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
View attachment 1777531My girl after spending the last day and a half at the vet on IVs for kidney failure. Vet seems pretty happy with her recovery, she’ll go back Monday for more blood work and treatment and figure it out from there

Beautiful Pup right there. Hope she returns to happy, healthy, & pain-free asap.

Also gotta mention a word about whoever it is that designs dog toys. That's a cool one.
Has to be the most fun job on the planet 'cuz you must be high/drunk for the ideas.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Beautiful Pup right there. Hope she returns to happy, healthy, & pain-free asap.

Also gotta mention a word about whoever it is that designs dog toys. That's a cool one.
Has to be the most fun job on the planet 'cuz you must be high/drunk for the ideas.
Thanks, she definitely has a ways to go but so far so good it seems.

Bark box does a good job with their toys/social media

LS WUT

Established Member
F5F0AD1F-34A9-4FA3-9D2E-DE3788BC8FAA.jpeg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
She’s an old girl, she’s battled cancer twice now. She’s got incontinence, she’s on medication for that, she turned 11 last year.

Dang…. My 7 yr old Am Staff, started having neurological issues. It has totally changed his life. Thought I was going to have to put him down, but looks like he still wants more time.

Yours is a warrior for sure.

LS WUT

Established Member
Dang…. My 7 yr old Am Staff, started having neurological issues. It has totally changed his life. Thought I was going to have to put him down, but looks like he still wants more time.

Yours is a warrior for sure.
Thanks for the kind words man, I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having too. This is my first Pit so I’m clueless on their health issues and things. I know her hips give her issues, every night I give her leg massages while she lays down.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks for the kind words man, I’m sorry to hear about the issues you’ve been having too. This is my first Pit so I’m clueless on their health issues and things. I know her hips give her issues, every night I give her leg massages while she lays down.

From what I understan, these guys’ life span is 10-12 yrs on average. Sucks that they dont have at least 20… My guy’s Dad passed around the same age from cancer. He had been in excellent health till just recent. Crazy.

Here he was out on a walk with a buddy from the neighborhood:

F28DDBAF-C023-46BC-B733-C9C200A52A69.jpeg

Cheers to you with yours!

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
From what I understan, these guys’ life span is 10-12 yrs on average. Sucks that they dont have at least 20… My guy’s Dad passed around the same age from cancer. He had been in excellent health till just recent. Crazy.

Here he was out on a walk with a buddy from the neighborhood:

View attachment 1777775

Cheers to you with yours!
Beautiful dog man, thank you again. I know I’m on borrowed time with her. That’s why I’m getting real nervous. Can’t win every race. She loves her rides in daddy’s cars.

Attachments

• 5021C3AE-B7F6-4FCC-82C6-A720F82AC7C6.jpeg
    5021C3AE-B7F6-4FCC-82C6-A720F82AC7C6.jpeg
    325.5 KB · Views: 56

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
Not sure what everyone here feeds their pups, but I would highly recommend a raw food diet.
We bought a grinder at Cabela's and get chicken at Costco anywhere from .99/lb to $1.39/lb. Mix in vegetables at a 4:1 ratio (25% vegetables). We can mix up enough food for about 2 months for 1 dog in about an hour.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Not sure what everyone here feeds their pups, but I would highly recommend a raw food diet.
We bought a grinder at Cabela's and get chicken at Costco anywhere from .99/lb to $1.39/lb. Mix in vegetables at a 4:1 ratio (25% vegetables). We can mix up enough food for about 2 months for 1 dog in about an hour.
You feeding the same amount as dry dog food? 1cup == 1cup?

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
You feeding the same amount as dry dog food? 1cup == 1cup?
There's a ratio based on weight. Not sure where I read it. Our girl is around 40-45 pounds and she get 11 oz in the morning and 11 oz in the evening. We monitored her weight for awhile until we were happy she wasn't gaining or losing weight.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
There's a ratio based on weight. Not sure where I read it. Our girl is around 40-45 pounds and she get 11 oz in the morning and 11 oz in the evening. We monitored her weight for awhile until we were happy she wasn't gaining or losing weight.
If you come across it be sure to tag me with a link

I've heard good things about the raw chick+veggie diet. Will have to do some maths with local prices to see if it's a viable alternative; dry dog food is getting stupid on cost

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member

thats absolutely the way to go. Just have to make sure the pup gets all the macros.

what are you spending a month on the dog?

Im guessing you freeze the rest and use as required?

I will for sure be doing this for my next dog.

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
If you come across it be sure to tag me with a link

I've heard good things about the raw chick+veggie diet. Will have to do some maths with local prices to see if it's a viable alternative; dry dog food is getting stupid on cost
Will do. I'll ask my wife, she's the one that found all the info in the first place. As far as cost, we priced it against the fancy pants kibble and it was on par with that or even less. Sometimes you have to look for the good deals on chicken. As far as the vegetables, we save all the clippings from cooking, plus add cooked sweet potatoes to make up for any we are short.
thats absolutely the way to go. Just have to make sure the pup gets all the macros.

what are you spending a month on the dog?

Im guessing you freeze the rest and use as required?

I will for sure be doing this for my next dog.
We grind into a Rubbermade container that holds about 6#'s of food. That lasts about 5 days for our girl. We'll do about 10-15 tubs at a time, depending on availability of chicken etc. I estimate we spend about $65/month on food. Compared to the raw food I see advertised on TV now, it's WAY cheaper. You also know EXACTLY what's in your dogs food.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Will do. I'll ask my wife, she's the one that found all the info in the first place. As far as cost, we priced it against the fancy pants kibble and it was on par with that or even less. Sometimes you have to look for the good deals on chicken. As far as the vegetables, we save all the clippings from cooking, plus add cooked sweet potatoes to make up for any we are short.

We grind into a Rubbermade container that holds about 6#'s of food. That lasts about 5 days for our girl. We'll do about 10-15 tubs at a time, depending on availability of chicken etc. I estimate we spend about $65/month on food. Compared to the raw food I see advertised on TV now, it's WAY cheaper. You also know EXACTLY what's in your dogs food.

Nice. Very nice! Definitely the way to go.

Users who are viewing this thread