Let's see those REAL dogs...

SGT MERC

Established Member
My 9 month old Argentinian Mastiff (Dogo Argentino) and 7 year old female Boxer. They are my heart...
20200610_110528.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
That sucks man. Sorry to hear that.
Shower him with love and tons of goodies!

hate to hear that, hope you get to spoil the hell out of him for a couple days

That is a tough choice. Sorry that you are going through this. Enjoy as much time as you can with him.

Little guy is doing good right now. The vet called to check on him, he’s taking his meds well. We changed his pill hider and it’s working pretty good. They said that the relapse could’ve happened in 48 hours or 20 days, we just don’t know. It ultimately depends on how his organs hold up. We are enjoying him to the fullest with the time we have. Yesterday I took him hunting as he really enjoys it, and he recovered enough that he had some energy. He found a rabbits nest, very proud of him.

Pick your poison.

Recon

Established Member
In loving memory of Tommy tightwad...
c60cf79b8dd1e229dd9935275b120211.jpg

0e2f0c7df62449c184418c8263692010.jpg

7a1a438723b0d308c468e3fcacd3ce46.jpg

01c76aa1f5b288f59e607940ab826297.jpg

af8b1ad40005eea90260e55c4de5d6a7.jpg

21f3e2926d250e702830fb8255e6362d.jpg

d9e8af031f3b907eaa0b94b74ffaf345.jpg

2997298dac95ba0a50dd39bb6ac8dfc3.jpg

Buried my little guy about 2 hours ago. Out of all the dogs I’ve taken care of this one had the most personality. He was like a cartoon. Everyone loved him. Though I will say this dog was mischief incarnate. He’s the only dog I’ve had who was ballsy enough to hike a leg on me, more than once I might add, when I took a piss around a tree. Guess he was just marking his territory. He did the same thing when my neighbors house was being built. Not missing a beat, my neighbor called me ask where Tommy was. He told me a dog peed in every room after they just finished the dry wall. Another particular instance we had the door open bring groves in the house. Well the little guy snuck in and no one noticed. After everything was done we shut the door and everyone is in the living room. Anyway this little dude was crawling on his stomach in the hallway. He got up and did the really soft cautious slow walk to my chair and looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes. I knew he did something and he did too. I had a ping pong table leaning against the wall because we took it off the Billiard table. Well there’s a pee stain on it.
He was a tough little guy and almost fearless.
When he was young the he was hit by a car and fractured his hip in 8 places. During the recovery process he contracted gangrene. It was removed and he began recovering. Now he contracted it again and it was moving up his body to his major organs. It was removed and the doctor said if it returns he wouldn’t make it. It didn’t return thank God.
Fast forward to a couple of years ago. The dog ate anything I gave him but his digestive system started to become aggravated. He would get pancreatitis quite often. Every visit from it wasn’t cheap. About the 5th time it happened the vet discovered his liver levels weren’t great so we put him on the best liver medicine on the market. Things were going pretty good for a while he acted like his normal self. Well one day when it was really hot I found him out under a tree and you could see he’s not himself. We take him to the vet and they said he’s had a heatstroke. So that was fixed and later on if it was hot out it could cause an aggravation of his pancreas condition.
Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. He was doing so well that I caught myself thinking he has had an episode in well over 6 months. Maybe he was finally getting over his condition. A week passed and it was very hot that day and he got sick. Well I take him to the vet on Thursday two weeks ago and they send him home with meds to take. He was doing good but that Sunday he stopped eating. We got back to vet on Monday, and they keep him to last Thursday. They tried to save him but they said he couldn’t be saved. His liver wasn’t in good shape and they thought he had pancreatic cancer. The vet wanted to put him to sleep, but I told them no. I wanted to spend time with him before his time came. They gave me some meds for him to take, but they only gave him a 48 hour time until relapse. He was doing really good and I was hoping he would pull through like he always did. The vet called Saturday to check on him and he was really doing good. Taking his meds and eating well. I was struggling really hard with letting him go during this time. Every time I talked about him I was falling apart.
Well last night I got home and he began to relapse. Then a hour went by and he got a lot worse. I knew it was time and we tried contacting the vet on call that night. It took about 30 minutes but we finally got him. We brought him to the clinic and said our goodbyes to him. I told him I loved him and I’m putting him next to Midnight, my black lab. They were really close and I wanted them to be together forever.
Gone but never forgotten. I love you Tommy. RIP little man.
May 30, 2008 - June 16, 2020

Pick your poison.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1646731
View attachment 1646732
View attachment 1646733
View attachment 1646734
View attachment 1646735
View attachment 1646736
View attachment 1646737
View attachment 1646738

Buried my little guy about 2 hours ago. Out of all the dogs I’ve taken care of this one had the most personality. He was like a cartoon. Everyone loved him. Though I will say this dog was mischief incarnate. He’s the only dog I’ve had who was ballsy enough to hike a leg on me, more than once I might add, when I took a piss around a tree. Guess he was just marking his territory. He did the same thing when my neighbors house was being built. Not missing a beat, my neighbor called me ask where Tommy was. He told me a dog peed in every room after they just finished the dry wall. Another particular instance we had the door open bring groves in the house. Well the little guy snuck in and no one noticed. After everything was done we shut the door and everyone is in the living room. Anyway this little dude was crawling on his stomach in the hallway. He got up and did the really soft cautious slow walk to my chair and looked up at me with his puppy dog eyes. I knew he did something and he did too. I had a ping pong table leaning against the wall because we took it off the Billiard table. Well there’s a pee stain on it.
When he was young the he was hit by a car and fractured his hip in 8 places. During the recovery process he contracted gangrene. It was removed and he began recovering. Now he contracted it again and it was moving up his body to his major organs. It was removed and the doctor said if it returns he wouldn’t make it. It didn’t return thank God.
Fast forward to a couple of years ago. The dog ate anything I gave him but his digestive system started to become aggravated. He would get pancreatitis quite often. Every visit from it wasn’t cheap. About the 5th time it happened the vet discovered his liver levels weren’t great so we put him on the best liver medicine on the market. Things were going pretty good for a while he acted like his normal self. Well one day when it was really hot I found him out under a tree and you could see he’s not himself. We take him to the vet and they said he’s had a heatstroke. So that was fixed and later on if it was hot out it could cause an aggravation of his pancreas condition.
Fast forward to about 3 weeks ago. He was doing so well that I caught myself thinking he has had an episode in well over 6 months. Maybe he was finally getting over his condition. A week passed and it was very hot that day and he got sick. Well I take him to the vet on Thursday two weeks ago and they send him home with meds to take. He was doing good but that Sunday he stopped eating. We got back to vet on Monday, and they keep him to last Thursday. They tried to save him but they said he couldn’t be saved. His liver wasn’t in good shape and they thought he had pancreatic cancer. The vet wanted to put him to sleep, but I told them no. I wanted to spend time with him before his time came. They gave me some meds for him to take, but they only gave him a 48 hour time until relapse. He was doing really good and I was hoping he would pull through like he always did. The vet called Saturday to check on him and he was really doing good. Taking his meds and eating well. I was struggling really hard with letting him go during this time. Every time I talked about him I was falling apart.
Well last night I got home and he began to relapse. Then a hour went by and he got a lot worse. I knew it was time and we tried contacting the vet on call that night. It took about 30 minutes but we finally got him. We brought him to the clinic and said our goodbyes to him. I told him I loved him and I’m putting him next to Midnight, my black lab. They were really close and I wanted them to be together forever.

Pick your poison.

Sorry to hear about your buddy, you gave him a good life.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1646731
View attachment 1646732
View attachment 1646733
View attachment 1646734
View attachment 1646735
View attachment 1646736
View attachment 1646737
View attachment 1646738

Pick your poison.
That sucks man. So sorry to hear.

MassCobra

All set
Established Member
View attachment 1646731
View attachment 1646732
View attachment 1646733
View attachment 1646734
View attachment 1646735
View attachment 1646736
View attachment 1646737
View attachment 1646738

Pick your poison.

This makes me so sad especially looking at those pictures but thank you for giving us that timeline. There is nothing like the companionship and love of a dog.

I have 4 dogs that give me more joy than anything else at this point in my life with the oldest being 10 now and I already think about that dreaded day.

5.2Leader

Established Member
View attachment 1646731
View attachment 1646732
View attachment 1646733
View attachment 1646734
View attachment 1646735
View attachment 1646736
View attachment 1646737
View attachment 1646738

Pick your poison.

What great memories. God bless you and your family. Dogs are definitely one of gods great gifts to us. I read what you wrote twice. I shed a tear here at my desk at work.

Sent from my iPad using the svtperformance.com mobile app

wizbangdoodle

Inslee is an Idiot
Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1646731
View attachment 1646732
View attachment 1646733
View attachment 1646734
View attachment 1646735
View attachment 1646736
View attachment 1646737
View attachment 1646738

Pick your poison.
Damn you, now you've got me crying.

Users who are viewing this thread