Let's see all your S-197 pics!!

Stang Lover

Established Member
So far just a TCI Ratchet Shifter and a Performance Automatic Deep Sump Pan with Dip Stick. Next up are Performance Automatic Hardened Input Shaft PN PA27406, TCI 3rd Gear Servo Kit PN 576005, 4th Gear Servo Kit PN 57006, Canton Automatic Transmission Expansion Tank PN 45-000 and finally a Circle D Specialties Multi Disk Torque Converter.

How you liking that TCI?

Last edited:

Scott_GT_CS

Established Member
How you liking that TCI?

TCI Shifter is a good quality piece and it works well. However, I still let the computer do most of the shifting.

IMG_0751.jpg

clbailey

Established Member
I researched it, seems like a 500 dollar aesthetic mod. I have a b&m ratchet shifter in my 75 Camaro. But it happens to also have a built tranny and a manual valvebody. I don't see the point in a stock s197.

Scott_GT_CS

Established Member
Whats the scoop on that shifter?

I researched it, seems like a 500 dollar aesthetic mod. I have a b&m ratchet shifter in my 75 Camaro. But it happens to also have a built tranny and a manual valvebody. I don't see the point in a stock s197.

You are correct, fun to play with but if you want to go fast in a straight line it is better to let the computer do the shifting. BTW, mine cost $369.

Fabman302

Current Project: FRANKENSTANG
Established Member
I got mine for open track road racing to find gears without over/under shifting.
However, the throw on this thing is way too long and imprecise to be a serious racing piece.
It feel like a sloppy plastic toy instead of a billet precision piece of equipment.
When this breaks, I will machine my own.

IMG_2045.gif

Users who are viewing this thread