Let's play "What's that sound!?"

Nuar

Established Member
https://youtu.be/uODji6G3-Gg

My car has developed an odd sound.
it starts happening after a highway drive and never on regular roads, so its high speed related and usually after driving at those speeds for around 10 minutes or so.

You have to turn the sound up to hear it in the video.

I already had the car up in the air and rotated the wheels by hand, none of the brakes seem to be hanging up, i smacked the dust shields behind the rotors to see if anything is lodged in there but obviously that was not the case. The sound seems to be coming from the rear end. I also topped off the diff with fluid just to eliminate low fluid issues. It was in fact 1/3rd of a quart low.

My car is lowered on Sportlines and i never corrected the pinion angle, which leads me to believe this is probably a worn out bearing in the rear end (most likely a pinion bearing). However, from what i've been reading online, rear ends usually howl, whine or grind and rattle, none of this weird metallic "rubbing" sound... I am stumped...

Have any of guys ever had this happen to your car?

Any idea what it might be?

I am hoping Kelly will pop in here since he probably has seen a ton of messed up rear differentials working with BMR.

Any help would be very appreciated guys.

This damn car has been nothing but issues since I got it. I am almost at a breaking point here :(

Users who are viewing this thread