Let's play : Tree, Dinosaur or Dragon?

Tree, dinosaur or dragon?

• Total voters

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Seriously!!? This was found on some property that we have. The total length that you can see in the photo is roughly 8 feet long. There wasn't more to it because the boulder was broken and the other half is currently missing.

Edit: FWIW, this was found at an elevation of about 3K feet inside of a mountain...

-Jeff

20170202_081146.jpg

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
I kind of see this in it.. a Dakosaurus. And yes, it is a Dino. They had a scaly skin similar to an alligator.

stock-photo-dakosaurus-d-illustration-486934735.jpg

_75152292_75147712.jpg

Zemedici

Established Member
That's sick. I voted dinosaur.

Because everyone knows dragons died off long ago. *insert arrow to the knee joke*

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Your mountain used to be under water.

Not this one. It is part of the Appalachian range and is one of, if not the oldest ranges. They are estimated to be 500 million years old. So, during the time of this creature they were not under water. But I will give that maybe it came from a lake..?

Zemedici

Established Member
Not this one. It is part of the Appalachian range and is one of, if not the oldest ranges. They are estimated to be 500 million years old. So, during the time of this creature they were not under water. But I will give that maybe it came from a lake..?

I'm still in favor of the flying fish suggestion.....

it appears to have scales

93Cobra#2771

SVT God
Established Member

The geology of the Appalachians dates back to more than 480 million years ago. A look at rocks exposed in today's Appalachian Mountains reveals elongate belts of folded and thrust faulted marine sedimentary rocks, volcanic rocks and slivers of ancient ocean floor - strong evidence that these rocks were deformed during plate collision. The birth of the Appalachian ranges marks the first of several mountain building plate collisions that culminated in the construction of the supercontinent Pangaea with the Appalachians and neighboring Little Atlas (now in Morocco) near the center. These mountain ranges likely once reached elevations similar to those of the Alps and the Rocky Mountains before they were eroded.[1][2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread