Lets organize a meet in Atlanta...

mavisky

Established Member
Fyi the 13th is the same weekend ALMS is at Road Atlanta so I may be there instead that day. Otherwise interested.

Misspelled while on the crapper via my Droid Razr

JV_92_03_10

Established Member
I'll come out from Augusta as long as its not in the AM. There's not much a car scene around here as far as people hanging out. I see many nice rides just no cruise ins or meets. I might be able to get a couple people to come with.

MattACK

Established Member
How about we meet at TransAxle's place that way we can get everyone together to hangout and chat it up... and then like you suggested, whoever would like to go eat we can go hit up Tin Lizzy's at the Perimeter afterwards... Since we can just hop on 575/75 to 285 then straight to the Perimeter area. It's a short drive on the highways but we can make it fun! :coolman: That way we're still hitting up all of the major highways so that it's easier for everyone to meet up/ leave... :shrug:

That's fine too. What/who is transaxle? Address? Plants plant this mfer already! :rockon:

MattACK

Established Member
I'll come out from Augusta as long as its not in the AM. There's not much a car scene around here as far as people hanging out. I see many nice rides just no cruise ins or meets. I might be able to get a couple people to come with.

I think middle of the afternoon should be good to keep from killing anyone's Saturday morning. May allow some of to stick around and try to pick on some people on the highway that night.

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
That's fine too. What/who is transaxle? Address? Plants plant this mfer already! :rockon:

I think he is someone who posted in this thread. Just shooting in the dark.

My detail shop is right off 75 in Marietta, in an industrial/office area. So nice little parking lot that can fit 30-40 cars.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Someone plan this damn thing already LOL! It seems like no one around here is ever serious enough to just meet up randomly and hang out, maybe take some pics if someone's got the equipment and meet/ talk with new people with common interests unless it's a car show at Mustangs Unlimited <insert eye-roll here>

MattACK

Established Member
I think he is someone who posted in this thread. Just shooting in the dark.

My detail shop is right off 75 in Marietta, in an industrial/office area. So nice little parking lot that can fit 30-40 cars.

There he is! What's your address?

gamatt

Whine Connoisseur
Established Member
Fyi the 13th is the same weekend ALMS is at Road Atlanta so I may be there instead that day. Otherwise interested.

Petit is actually on the 20th, and I will be there too. :beer:

Kids sports are going to knock me out for this one, that and the long drive. :bash:

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Shop address is...

1582 Williams Dr Suite 100,
Marietta GA 30066

So if you guys want to plan a weekend to hang out here for a few hours, I wouldnt mind.

That would be awesome, man. I mean, if that's where everyone would be able to meet. It'd be really convenient - easy to get to from anywhere. Would you actually be there? That way we can check out your shop and detailing work, I'd be interested in getting a quote too while I'm there.

mavisky

Established Member
I dunno why i was thinking it was the 13th. Maybe that's the weekend my dad gets into town or something. Definitely down for this meeting at the detail shop. Bit of a drive but what isn't in this town?

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
That would be awesome, man. I mean, if that's where everyone would be able to meet. It'd be really convenient - easy to get to from anywhere. Would you actually be there? That way we can check out your shop and detailing work, I'd be interested in getting a quote too while I'm there.

Yeah, I will be here. While your here, I can look over your car as well.

I dunno why i was thinking it was the 13th. Maybe that's the weekend my dad gets into town or something. Definitely down for this meeting at the detail shop. Bit of a drive but what isn't in this town?

Hell, i moved from the Gwinnett area to the Cobb county area because more things are central to Cobb than Gwinnett. lol

TransAxle

Shine Auto Salon
Established Member
Someone just figure out a date. As long as its not the 13th. Another event going on that I will be at all day.

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
There he is! What's your address?

Address is there now.

Figure out a date for everyone to meet. Looks like 10/13 is out of the question bc TransAxle will be busy (and it's his shop we are meeting at) and 10/20 is out of the question as well bc some will be at Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta... What about Sat. 10/6? Would that work for people? :shrug: :shrug:

Then figure out a time that's good for everyone: morning, afternoon, evening... I know it's Saturday and people probably have plans for the night. But no matter what, I'm a fatass and will definitely be hungry afterwards!

PhoenixGT09

"I Like the Tuna Here."
Established Member
Once my GT500 comes in I am game

Nice! When's the delivery date??

Everybody: Oh, and there should be a Caffeine & Octane show on Sunday morning, October 7 in Alpharetta, GA off Windward Pkwy. if the weather is permitting. We can all roll into that and maybe grab breakfast somewhere afterwrds since it usually starts extremely early? Just an idea... the 6th works for me as well.

MattACK

Established Member
Shop address is...

1582 Williams Dr Suite 100,
Marietta GA 30066

So if you guys want to plan a weekend to hang out here for a few hours, I wouldnt mind.

Address is there now.

Figure out a date for everyone to meet. Looks like 10/13 is out of the question bc TransAxle will be busy (and it's his shop we are meeting at) and 10/20 is out of the question as well bc some will be at Petit LeMans at Road Atlanta... What about Sat. 10/6? Would that work for people? :shrug: :shrug:

Then figure out a time that's good for everyone: morning, afternoon, evening... I know it's Saturday and people probably have plans for the night. But no matter what, I'm a fatass and will definitely be hungry afterwards!

I'm talking to Mike (transaxle) right now, looks like its going to be Oct 20th (saturday) mid afternoon. Just running a couple things by him first.

I'll be unavailable myself due to weddings the this and next weekend, so the 6th wouldn't work for me.

:beer:

mysteed

Established Member
10/6 I'm out of town visiting the inlaws for a birthday party. 10/27 should be good for everyone unless we all want to meet on a Sunday afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread