Lethal Performance's E85 Whipple Powered 2010 GT500 makin the powa!

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We finally got our car figured out. It was a broken valve keeper on cylinder #4 which was causing the car to run really messed up. None the less we put a new keeper in and hit the dyno last night for some high boost tuning.

Our tuner Ken Bjonnes met us at HP Logic here in Wellington Fl where we strapped the car down. The setup is the same as before with a 4.0L Whipple crusher kit, triple return style system and build motor. The only thing that changed is that we converted to E85 and are running larger injectors.

The car was running a 3.50" pulley and made 26.3 peak psi. With only 21deg of timing the car put down 1040rwhp and 859lbs of TQ.

We'll be hitting the track next Friday to see what she does. Our tuner Ken will be there with us to log the car. If all goes well we'll put a few more degrees of timing in it and get a little more aggressive with the tune.

IMG_1985.jpg

IMG_1983.jpg

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Congrats gentlemen! Those are some crazy numbers!
Happy Turkey Day too!

Dan Schoneck

Established Member
Congrats guys.....I would put some more boost in it first. I dont think it will pick up a bunch with more timing but im sure you will let us know.

New tuner great, does that mean you guys are using Diablo software now?

F8L SN8K

Established Member
Ken can tune both SCT and Diablosport. Switchs back and forth. Still one of the only people I let tune my cars/truck.

blk00gtvert

Established Member
Congrats guys.....I would put some more boost in it first. I dont think it will pick up a bunch with more timing but im sure you will let us know.

i agree... they kinda slow down on making power after the low 20's in timing. hit it with more boost if you can

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor

Thanks Dan. I'm not sure if we'll need more boost or not to reach the goal we're looking for. In regards to the timing for the most part I've heard that E85 cars love it. Most people I've spoken to with E85 say they run around 24*.

The reason we're having Ken tune the car is not only because of his reputation but also because he's local. When I spoke with Jon L about this he thought it was a great idea. He knows Kens tuning abilities and that we're in good hands.. With a setup like ours it's very important that we have someone here with the car. This way he can join us at the track to really fine tune things and help us to find things that may be affecting it's performance.

Lastly regarding the software we're still using SCT. That's not going to change as the relationship I have with them is much stronger than the one we have with Diablo.

Speak to you soon bro.

Jared

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
What's with the lobster claws?

I finally figured that one out.. :D

We've got several sets of wheels and end up swapping them from car to car depending on what we're using the car for. In this case the 2010 wheels just happen to be on the 2011 so the only other 19" set of street wheels I had we're from the 5.0L. It was either those, the Trueforged 20's or the Bogarts.

Jared

90goldtsiawd

here 4 da laffs & cruelty
Established Member
How much boost is left in that 4.0L Whipple? I figured you guys would be running 30+psi?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
How much boost is left in that 4.0L Whipple? I figured you guys would be running 30+psi?

There's still plenty left in her. We're running a 3.5" upper with the 10% lower to make the 26psi we're seeing. We're probably pullied more for 29-30psi but the extensive head work, cams and offroad setup lower us to that 26psi range.

Users who are viewing this thread