Lethal 3" Offroad X w/ Magnaflow 3" Competition Catback (Video)

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhRBCziQ6s&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Lethal Performance 3" Offroad X w/ 3" Magnaflow Competition Catback 2011 5.0L Mustang GT[/nomedia]

Here's a clip we made of the Lethal Performance 2011 5.0L mustang gt so everyone can hear how amazing the new exhaust setup we put on the car sounds. The combination is simple, makes great power and sounds incredible. We started with our 3" mandrel bent offroad x-pipe and topped off the back half of the system with the Magnaflow 3" Competition Catback w/ Magnapack mufflers. The fit and finish of both of these products is top notch. No cutting or welding required. It all bolts right in and comes with all of the hardware needed.

When you start the car you right away notice the awesome muscle car sound. Once the car comes down to idle it actually has a slight lope to it which is most like more related to tuning of the ti-vct but is much easier heard with the less restrictive aftermarket exhaust.. As you drive away the tone is deep and throaty but not raspy. From inside the car you really feel like this is how the car should have come from the factory. Cruising along there's no drone at any speed or rpm up to 110mph. Not sure after that as that's as fast as I attempted to test the car on the highway.

Under full throttle the same thing applies. A loud throaty american muscle sound without any rasp. For those who are concerned about noise level inside the car you can still listen to the radio and talk on the phone without being overrun by the sound of the exhaust.

With that said I'm going to make my vote and say this is probably the best sounding exhaust setup for the new 2011 5.0L with the stock header manifolds. I highly recommend all of Magnaflow's products as well as they are made from T304 stainless steel, have awesome fitment and come with a limited lifetime warranty.

If you have any other questions regarding our 3" offroad x-pipe or the magnaflow 3" catback please feel free to give us a call.

chrisheltra

Established Member
Sounds really good!

Which catback is this the 15590 or the 15589? Also whats the p/n for the x pipe?

Do you have any plans to add LT's to this setup in the near future for all of us to hear?

Last edited:

chrisheltra

Established Member

zilla8

Established Member
+1 on the Magnaflow system.I said the same thing,this car should have come from the factory with this exhaust.It has the old muscle car sound deep and mean.

when you get on the throttle it roars like a highly modified race car.

I have the comp series catback #15590 and the Magnaflow X-pipe with highflow cats #16399.Even with the cats it sounds awesome.This is in car with driverside window down.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0Vfq_Qed8c"]YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT nite ride[/nomedia]

chrisheltra

Established Member
+1 on the Magnaflow system.I said the same thing,this car should have come from the factory with this exhaust.It has the old muscle car sound deep and mean.

when you get on the throttle it roars like a highly modified race car.

I have the comp series catback #15590 and the Magnaflow X-pipe with highflow cats #16399.Even with the cats it sounds awesome.This is in car with driverside window down.

YouTube- 2011 Mustang GT nite ride

63 miles to E! lol

Sounds mean.:thumbsup:

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Lethal, any dyno number with the cat back? Curious if you lost any tq running a full 3" system?

black03

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lethal, any dyno number with the cat back? Curious if you lost any tq running a full 3" system?

We have dyno numbers but I really can't release them as they're going to be published in an up coming 5.0 Mustang Mag issue. However I can tell you that the catback didn't lose any hp or tq from going from stock to the 3" system.

Jared

1Sick2Valve

Established Member
Well just had my local shop order this catback!! Cant wait to get it. Thanks again jared.

Users who are viewing this thread