Lethal 2016 Shelby GT350 Bolt-Ons

EditorTurner

Established Member
0 Lethal GT350 Bolt-Ons Featured.jpg
Packing a Punch
Lethal Performance’s GT350 cracks 500 horsepower with bolt-ons and E85
By Steve Turner

Fans of Ford performance are well aware of the marvels of the new Shelby GT350’s 5.2-liter Voodoo engine. Packing 526 high-winding crank horsepower, this naturally aspirated engine features a flat-plane crankshaft, high-flow heads, and more. Ford Performance engineers have already pushed the envelope of the engine platform that began as the Coyote back 2011.
Continue reading →

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Looks like there's about the same gain in switching to E85 and tuning only. Not that 27whp is bad, but I was expecting more from results that we've seen thus far. Still, that's over 500!

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
13 rwhp with Intake, No-Cats, and Tune. Did they do the same comparison chart for 93? Doubt most of us will ever run E85. I'm curious to see the differences throughout the band.

Last edited:

03VertGT

GT350 Incoming
Established Member
Seems like the intake and cat deletes may not be worth much after all. Most tune only gains have been about that much so far.

Yeah, although I'd like to see the same comparison chart for 93. That E85 chart shows huge gains in certain areas (outside the peaks).

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Yeah, although I'd like to see the same comparison chart for 93. That E85 chart shows huge gains in certain areas (outside the peaks).

Right. I'd also like to know if they had the cat deletes installed in the baseline pull. Someone on that other forum thinks that they were. That may be the reason things don't seem to add up right.

Voltwings

Established Member
Well apparently JLT got like 30 whp with just an intake and pump gas tune, so now we're at a cross roads lol ... I find these numbers more believable, you dont get 526 factory horsepower with a system leaving tons of gains on the table.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Well apparently JLT got like 30 whp with just an intake and pump gas tune, so now we're at a cross roads lol ... I find these numbers more believable, you dont get 526 factory horsepower with a system leaving tons of gains on the table.

I agree that it makes more sense. I was just hoping it was all true, haha! Lethal has always shown legitimate tests and gains, so there's no reason to doubt that they did it right. They did gain 40whp at 7900RPM though. That's still in the useable range and a massive difference.

Derek@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
The baseline pull was made completely stock. The cat deletes picked up 9-10 rwhp before tuning.

krt22

Established Member

Wasn't their baseline relatively low?

Voltwings

Established Member
I agree that it makes more sense. I was just hoping it was all true, haha! Lethal has always shown legitimate tests and gains, so there's no reason to doubt that they did it right. They did gain 40whp at 7900RPM though. That's still in the useable range and a massive difference.

Thank you for pointing that out, i got ahead of myself and was just looking at peak numbers -_- i know better than that.

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
Looking at the graph, if the limiter was extended to 8500RPM, it looks like it may be able to stay at 475whp+ from 6500-8500. That's a pretty nice plateau. I wonder if the ECU has another 250RPM in it.

myshelby3425

Established Member

This JLT intake and 93 octane tune. Different tuner. Baseline, tune only then JLT and tune. Another run right after the last 486 and it made 476. Still 30+whp.

56808057cb0934fdb5be49b78e06323c.jpg

Baselines differ since it's different dynos.

Lethal picks up a lot of torque down low.
04fa1a5bc968201aa3340ea28ccf033c.jpg

Last edited:

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I would imagine they picked up the torque from the added timing from the E85 down low. What Lethal posted up makes the most sense, it sounds like Ford did not leave a lot on the table with this one. We will see as time goes on and more tuners get ahold of these. Cant wait to hear what the Lethal H sounds like.

Im really digging this car, I find myself going to the GT350 sub forum more than the Terminator forum lately.

az20115.0

Established Member
I would have loved too see each part tested individually.. for example, cat deletes first, then tune, then bolt-ons + tune, then e85.. because from this test its hard to see whats working and what is not..

Users who are viewing this thread