Let us play, "Name that internal failure!"

carl52

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
First of all SVT does not deny warranty. Any time a ford tech has got a engine concern they call Ford hotline. Hotline tells us wether or not we can proceed under warranty. If they decide to send out someone to look at your car to see if it has been modded and it has, then they will decline warranty. You need to make them prove that your mods caused the failure. It's that simple. It's the law.

You are absolutely correct, they originally were going to replace the motor and two days later an SVT rep came out and said there were mods like chip and pulley. Ford declined the warranty. They know they have to prove what caused the failure and yet they just say no and that's it. Well they are violating the law and I am not going away. There are laws that prohibit deceptive trade practices and the U.S Congress inacted a law to protect consumers, it is truely unfortunate that it will take legal action to force the issue. I fortunately have the resources to do just that but what about the other persons who cant afford to do this and Ford has calulated this in there risk factors. Bad Business for as I am concerned.

SVTADVISOR

The Cobra Doctor
Established Member
Ask them to have the engine pulled apart to failure, and then have the Ford Field Service Engineer look at the failure and determine if the cause was from your mods.

carl52

Established Member
Originally posted by DSF
im not trying to get in a pissing contest with you. I was giving you a piece of advise, thats all. What is driving school at TWS?? Learning to road race. There you go. Age should have no bearing, nor should where its stored or how often its driven. My car is very well maintained as well, it sits in the shop of a Ford house everday. Its been modified and we dont even try to push ANYTHING through warranty.

i know exactly how you feel because I see it everyday. You need to in the future make sure you have a mod friendly dealer that you establish a reputation with. SVTADVISOR has a story about a lightning with chip , bad motor. Long story short, they blamed chip, got taken over to him, they tore motor down and found it wasnt chips fault, replaced engine under warranty.

Where do you stand with the car now? Maybe something we can do to help. SVTADVISOR or myself.....

My point to the last thread, seriously wasnt to try to start anything, its was just advise of what not to do. i have had Ford reps come into our shop to look at cars and not too long after come back with print outs of what the car has or had on it before it came in. It causes some problems for us sometimes.

I appreciate the advise, I think my burn is how I was treated by Ford. Went trough a customer review board at dealership and the Ford district person met with the service mgr. and stilled denied the claim. Ford offered a letter to go before a review board, I have no reason to trust them at this point since I have not been able to get them to listen to anything I have to say. I have hired an attorney and we plan to go to court if necessary. he wrote letters to dealership and they responded with a sorry cant help next letter is to Ford, if they respond the same way then I will fill a suit.

carl52

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTADVISOR
Ask them to have the engine pulled apart to failure, and then have the Ford Field Service Engineer look at the failure and determine if the cause was from your mods.

The dealership offered something like that but at my expense since Ford would do nothing. I did not think that was fair since there has been so many problem with these motors and Ford knows there are many issues and they hide behind the mod's as there out.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
update:
well secret talks are going around about some new bump sticks, you know 4 of em!!! OOPS, guess no secret now!

coleman

Established Member
yup, i just ordered the stage I "bump-sticks" from L&M...
i hope they run well on my setup! :thumbsup:

short-block should be in next week :beer:

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
just for coleman

Coleman,
will you made me do it! Yes, the fogger system is now hooked up and ready to run(we hope)! It sounds pretty wicked in the shop when we run up to about 3500 rpm and then bump the nitrous. It revs quick! WE shall see if it will hold:??:

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
by the way, we are going to track Saturday, Track is open at 9:00, start running at 10:00, and they run until 5:00 in the afternoon. LTI ultimate street day!!

coleman

Established Member
you gonna have my car ready by then ... :lol1:
we may both be waiting on a shortblock by this weekend.

let me know if you going to run Tim's beast this Saturday!
i'll want to be there ... me & my nephews.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
we are debating whether or not. its a lot of juice. i may pull heads and have them oringed first. and of course the tranny is an issue........ maybe i can get SVTADVISOR to warranty my heads when they lift becuase of.....help need an excuse. What nitrous, whats that?????

coleman

Established Member
does Tim understand what might happen with that much NOS?
is it a career decision?
Tim needs to follow in my footsteps ... :lol1:

stroker, KB, LTs, focus pumps, cams, etc...
care to venture a guess at the RWHP?

i had 550 before... if i don't get 650, i'll be disappointed.

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
he wants to see just how fast we can go with the stock eaton!!! I think it can take it, just think the heads need to be o'ringed first!

coleman

Established Member
as long as Tim stays with the Eaton, i've got a chance :)
and with your help, i'll have a better chance than ever when my car goes back together!

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
domeskilla,
i heard through the grapevine you had some new tricks up your sleeve your going to try with some go fast juice!
any comments????

coleman

Established Member
you not taking your car out to Ennis on Saturday?
last "ultimate street" event this year...

run against, stan03's cobra...

Users who are viewing this thread