Let me introduce myself...

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
I've been lurking on this website for a while now and finally got around to registering. Just a little background info on myself: I have owned two Cobras so far, a '97 red convertible and an '01 Zinc Yellow coupe (my current ride). I recently sold the '97 which had a custom 5 pt. rollbar, lowering springs, rims, 4.30s, longtubes, etc. It ran a best of 13.3 at Houston Raceway Park. My '01 is 100% stock save for the K&N filter, and just this past Sunday it ran a 13.40 @ 103.5 mph on stock tires. I think I've got the launch down as I cut a 1.97, a 1.99, and a string of 2.0x 60 foot times.

I'd also like to contribute to this forum by letting you know about my website, MustangExhaust.com. It's a resource anyone can use to find info about the Mustang exhaust system. Right now it has a good size library of exhaust sounds and also a message forum. There will also be some tech article written comparing different exhaust components. If you're looking to upgrade your exhaust system, the site is there for you to use.
Well, I'm glad to have finally joined this site. Thanks!

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by Nino
I've been lurking on this website for a while now and finally got around to registering. Just a little background info on myself: I have owned two Cobras so far, a '97 red convertible and an '01 Zinc Yellow coupe (my current ride). I recently sold the '97 which had a custom 5 pt. rollbar, lowering springs, rims, 4.30s, longtubes, etc. It ran a best of 13.3 at Houston Raceway Park. My '01 is 100% stock save for the K&N filter, and just this past Sunday it ran a 13.40 @ 103.5 mph on stock tires. I think I've got the launch down as I cut a 1.97, a 1.99, and a string of 2.0x 60 foot times.

I'd also like to contribute to this forum by letting you know about my website, MustangExhaust.com. It's a resource anyone can use to find info about the Mustang exhaust system. Right now it has a good size library of exhaust sounds and also a message forum. There will also be some tech article written comparing different exhaust components. If you're looking to upgrade your exhaust system, the site is there for you to use.
Well, I'm glad to have finally joined this site. Thanks!

Welcome, Nino.
It's great to have you join the site and we welcome your imput.:beer: :beer:

Mach0ne351

Established Member
hey nino
whats your secret to your launches? what do you rev too? do you slip the clutch or drop it? thanks man..later

-marek

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
Originally posted by Nino
I'd also like to contribute to this forum by letting you know about my website, MustangExhaust.com. It's a resource anyone can use to find info about the Mustang exhaust system
Welcome to the site! I was just on your site...totally cool! I can't wait to hear how the '03s sound with aftermarket mufflers...:-D

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Originally posted by mtp166
hey nino
whats your secret to your launches? what do you rev too? do you slip the clutch or drop it? thanks man..later

-marek

On those runs I had 44/24psi F/R in the tires and I revved to about 3500 rpm and slipped the clutch out until I felt some traction. At that point I released the clutch completely and nailed the gas pedal. I always look at the tachometer when I launch to make sure I'm staying above 3500 rpm because otherwise the engine may fall below the powerband. Forget about the reaction time and concentrate on getting the launch right. Next time I go to the track I'm going to try lowering the pressure in the rear tires some more and also try launching at a higher rpm.

Nino

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Re: Re: Let me introduce myself...

Originally posted by Blue98Cobra
Welcome to the site! I was just on your site...totally cool! I can't wait to hear how the '03s sound with aftermarket mufflers...:-D

You know I'll be posting that sound file up as soon as I get my hands on it!

Users who are viewing this thread