Let’s see those 450-500whp acceleration videos

jman37

Established Member
But again, you keep asking "why" when you kind of answered it yourself. You deleted the IMRC's, you need a retune for those typically. If a new head unit has been swapped on and is running a tune that was meant for another one, you need a retune.

Not sure why a built motor had IMRC's still either, people usually delete those.

1AestheticCobra

Established Member
But again, you keep asking "why" when you kind of answered it yourself. You deleted the IMRC's, you need a retune for those typically. If a new head unit has been swapped on and is running a tune that was meant for another one, you need a retune.

Not sure why a built motor had IMRC's still either, people usually delete those.

well I mentioned it, but I don’t know that it would rob a 100+ hp. More of just seeing if anyone had been in a similar situation, could shed light on the subject or had videos of a true 450-500 car. My brother rode in the car and said it was all in my head, but I reassured that this car is lacking power. The race finalized it. As for IMRCs idk either, but have seen people that religiously believe they should be kept. I received all of the helpful info I needed. Gears and tune are coming for sure.

nomoretickets

Established Member
well I mentioned it, but I don’t know that it would rob a 100+ hp. More of just seeing if anyone had been in a similar situation, could shed light on the subject or had videos of a true 450-500 car. My brother rode in the car and said it was all in my head, but I reassured that this car is lacking power. The race finalized it. As for IMRCs idk either, but have seen people that religiously believe they should be kept. I received all of the helpful info I needed. Gears and tune are coming for sure.
We've tried to shed light on it. Unfortunately, it sounds like the seller waved an outdated build sheet and dyno sheet at you. Thats why its been "robbed" of 100 HP: the set up you actually have on that car isnt the setup from that build sheet or dyno sheet. It doesnt make 470whp and frankly, without some form of charge cooling, cannot safely make 470whp. You still have a decent platform to work with. But if you actually want to make that kinda power you need to get it to a tuner, get some form of charge cooling on there, and drop the oil pan to verify what the bottom end looks like so you dont blow it up by just assuming its still a built motor from three owners ago and cramming a bunch of boost down its throat. Thats my $0.02.

Users who are viewing this thread