LEO's, have you ever in your whole

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
career arrested anyone or made anyone prove 922r compliance?

Or have you ever made an arrest and found a weapon that wasn't compliant?

I'm really curious about this.

wesessiah

Established Member
doubt anybody here has... the atf doesn't even understand it. there's no penalty for possessing a non compliant gun, so as far as i'm concerned, someone would have to be seen making it non compliant. i'm sure there have been cases with manufacturers being watched and busted that people have heard of, but i don't think it's likely anyone here has been part of it. maybe i'm wrong though.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
That's mainly why I started this thread. It seems some people feel cops are trained to spot 922r infractions and have made arrests, but I haven't heard or even been able to google such arrests.

Judging by the non responses I got my answer.

wesessiah

Established Member
That's mainly why I started this thread. It seems some people feel cops are trained to spot 922r infractions and have made arrests, but I haven't heard or even been able to google such arrests.

Judging by the non responses I got my answer.

throughout rookie school, and my years of in service training, it's never been mentioned to me. maybe it's a more common topic in other places, but i've never heard it mentioned in regards to my work, and i live in a place that just about every household has firearms. the only charges i really ever see come up in reference to firearms are carrying concealed without a permit, possession of a firearm by a felon, and occasionally sawed off shotgun (wmd here.) the focus with training is being aware of firearms in general, especially in a domestic situation, during a traffic stop, and active shooters.

NEp8ntballer

Established Member
A lot of parts people swap out to make a firearm 922r compliant lack any marking that they are US made or foreign made so I don't think there's really a way to prove or disprove compliance.

EvergreenSVT

Established Member
Considering the limited number of agencies with arrest authority for that statute you're unlikely to ever even meet anyone who gets to care.

I have heard of ONE 922R check at a range. That from people who spent a lot of time asking what you're asking. ATF agents were shooting next to the guy and tore down his weapon to look. Probably would get thrown out anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread