Leonardo DiCaprio knows Mustangs...

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
I'm sure most people already remember DiCaprio driving a 92' GT in The Departed, but I just think it's awesome someone involved in the movie, maybe a set designer or whomever is in charge of that aspect chose this car for Leo's character to drive.

Leo1.jpg

Leo2.jpg

Leo3.jpeg

Saleen498

Established Member
Haha. Literally just watched this movie and thought to myself, "I gunna get that plate as a vanity plate before I move out of state and put it on a fox body garage queen build someday"

99MustangGTman

Stick Shift The World!
Established Member
Haha. Literally just watched this movie and thought to myself, "I gunna get that plate as a vanity plate before I move out of state and put it on a fox body garage queen build someday"
Haha. I'm not sure, but I could've sworn the car was a stick too when he was in the car with his cousin when the camera focused on the cousin for his dialogue and then the camera moved back to Leo for his lines. I thought I remember when the camera moves back over it shows the console and you can see the shifter.

It's also cool how they just didn't take some stock GT, but instead that car has 95' Cobra R wheels, looks lowered, and in another scene I could hear the exhaust which could've been anything, but it sounded like chambered Flowmasters.

Users who are viewing this thread