Lentech 4R70W Strip Terminator w/ Custom T.C.

k_kenley

Established Member
I’m selling a Lentech Strip Terminator 4R70W automatic transmission with a 2600 stall non-lockup stainless steel torque convertor that was custom built by Ultimate Convertor Concepts. This is a 4 speed that can handle up to 1500 hp & 1000 lbs/ft of torque.

This setup from Lentech costs over $5500 brand new. I’m looking for $2500 for the transmission, convertor, yoke, and an aftermarket steel braided dipstick tube. It will still be in the car for a few weeks, or until someone wants to buy it if you want to see how it runs and drives. Once sold, it can be removed within a day. According to the Lentech tag on the side of the trans, it was built on 3/17/09 under their serial# 7380. I purchased it around July 2010, and it has around 10,000 miles on it.

It currently resides behind a 2004 cobra 4.6 engine with a 2.8 Kenne Bell blower that’s in my 81 Mustang. Hence the low stall on the convertor because of the lower torque band of the KB supercharger, which also makes it VERY streetable. In fact it was literally a daily driver up until about four years ago, and has been sitting in my driveway since. I have gone out and started it up every so often to let it warm up. It had maybe a couple dozen 1/8 miles passes on it, and the fluid has never been burnt.
The features on it include:
- Lifetime limited warranty from Lentech. You just need to have the serial number off of the convertor that they sold with it, which I have pictures of.
- Billet one piece input shaft.
- Has automatic valve body upgrade with integrated transbrake and fixed line pressure. It does not come with a trans controller.
- Lock up feature deleted for strength.
- 8 “high energy” 3-4 clutches.
- 4 “high energy” intermediate clutches.
- 7 “high energy” forward clutches.
- 2” O/D band.

Trans1.jpg

Trans6.jpg

Trans2.jpg

Trans5.jpg

Trans3.jpg

Trans4.jpg

k_kenley

Established Member
Update: If the buyer wants this shipped, I will ship it via LTL truck freight. I will build a custom crate on a pallet that the trans will be strapped to, and there will be shielding over the input and output shafts to protect them from getting hit by anything. I should be able to get the shipping costs to be no more than $250 for cross country. And less, of course, the closer you would be to the West coast...

Last edited:

k_kenley

Established Member
I've had some people inquire as to why the car has been sitting for as long as it has. To be quite honest, I was going through a divorce 4 years ago, and my ex-wife decided to break out all the windows in the car thinking it would hurt me, and it has been sitting in my driveway since because I had to put my time into taking care of the 5 children that I ended up with custody of. I have gone out and started it up every so often to let it warm up, and drove it around the block (yes, without windows) every so often. I am now at a point where I am preparing to revive the car since my new wife decided to surprise me one day with new windows in the car and I'm going a different route with the transmission...

Last edited:

k_kenley

Established Member
Have had a few people interested, but no money has been put up yet, so the trans is still up for grabs. I plan to start removing it from the car this weekend and will post pictures of the whole trans and components once they are out.

Also, I have a trans cooler and custom 3/8" stainless lines that can be included if you're interested. I had the cooler mounted up under the passenger side fender in a horizontal position with a pull thru fan mounted on top of it.

STANGNATION03

Established Member
Have had a few people interested, but no money has been put up yet, so the trans is still up for grabs. I plan to start removing it from the car this weekend and will post pictures of the whole trans and components once they are out.

Also, I have a trans cooler and custom 3/8" stainless lines that can be included if you're interested. I had the cooler mounted up under the passenger side fender in a horizontal position with a pull thru fan mounted on top of it.

Hello I was the first person you hit you up text me please 818 256 4939 Do you have PayPal?

MG0h3

Established Member
I've had some people inquire as to why the car has been sitting for as long as it has. To be quite honest, I was going through a divorce 4 years ago, and my ex-wife decided to break out all the windows in the car thinking it would hurt me, and it has been sitting in my driveway since because I had to put my time into taking care of the 5 children that I ended up with custody of. I have gone out and started it up every so often to let it warm up, and drove it around the block (yes, without windows) every so often. I am now at a point where I am preparing to revive the car since my new wife decided to surprise me one day with new windows in the car and I'm going a different route with the transmission...

My ex is a total **** too. Dont worry. Yours will burn in hell.

Stay positive.

Users who are viewing this thread