Lenders to finance 4th gen F-body

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Does anyone know who can provide a loan for for a 1998-2002 F-Body? I'd prefer a Firebird, but I'd rock a Camaro Z or SS. I was very interested in a C6, but mama wants a Bronco and deserves it. The F-body weighs similarly to a C6, I can actually bolt a 4L80 to it and I can get a Ford 9". Plus, I want those sweet ****ing T-Tops!

Unfortunately they are just out of the window of my local credit union's terms by age.

I've read from a Doug DeMurro blog that PenFed may do loans on older cars with a mileage restriction.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a lender that can finance these jems? Collector car financing?

Thanks!

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Does anyone know who can provide a loan for for a 1998-2002 F-Body? I'd prefer a Firebird, but I'd rock a Camaro Z or SS. I was very interested in a C6, but mama wants a Bronco and deserves it. The F-body weighs similarly to a C6, I can actually bolt a 4L80 to it and I can get a Ford 9". Plus, I want those sweet ****ing T-Tops!

Unfortunately they are just out of the window of my local credit union's terms by age.

I've read from a Doug DeMurro blog that PenFed may do loans on older cars with a mileage restriction.

Can anyone point me in the right direction to a lender that can finance these jems? Collector car financing?

Thanks!
First. Gross. Why not a C5?

Second.

Plenty of groups finance old cars, you just need to make sure your hitting all the check marks.

Research actual bluebook values.

KBB/NADA/ect all say $10k but you know the market is $20k - you'll have an uphill battle to get more then $10k. Isn't a WS6 like $30k now?

Banks are more willing to loan if you are buying from a dealer instead of a private individual. It gives more credibility to the cost.

As for banks, off the top of my head:

Lightstream

Collector Car Lending
(needs to be +21yrs old, 10% down and +650cs)

JJBest LLC
(+650cs, 15% down)

NASA FCU

USAA FCU

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Second.

Plenty of groups finance old cars, you just need to make sure your hitting all the check marks.

KBB/NADA/ect all say $10k but you know the market is $20k - you'll have an uphill battle to get more then $10k. Isn't a WS6 like $30k now?

Banks are more willing to loan if you are buying from a dealer instead of a private individual. It gives more credibility to the cost.

Lightstream

Collector Car Lending

JJBest LLC
(+650cs, 15% down)

NASA FCU

USAA FCU

Wonder if the rates are higher do to higher risk factors.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Seriously, are you looking at a nice WS6 or FE SS or Trailer Joes Camero to mod? They're still kind of cheap.
Here's one right near you I've been looking at that you can buy with your sock money or put on your credit card.

Autotrader - page unavailable

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Seriously, are you looking at a nice WS6 or FE SS or Trailer Joes Camero to mod? They're still kind of cheap.
Here's one right near you I've been looking at that you can buy with your sock money or put on your credit card.

Exactly.

And at the point of putting in a 4L80 and Ford 9inch, why not just grab a V6 roller for $1000?

Build up a 6L engine, turbskis, etc.

Hell, knew a guy that bought a Camaro SS 6spd and sold the drive train so in could built a 1000whp turbo 5.3 with a TH400.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
One more thing if by some chance you change your mind again and decide now you want a Mustang.....he does those too and multiple guys on here can back me up when i say he knows those ****ers too.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
What are you looking to spend OP? I see regular C5's under 75k for $13-15k.

Take a look at LightStream. I myself have never used them.
Depending on mileage and condition, Id like to stay around 10K-12K. If its an exceptional condition 1 owner Id go 15K. If its a Trap-ass Ho, but under miles to get a loan on, 5-6K.

Id love to own a Corvette someday. After sitting down and asking myself why I wanted an LS based car, what I wanted to do with it and how I wanted to build it, a C5 and C6 with their Front Engine/Rear trans setup just simply will not work. Add to it that the strongest differential available is the C6 Z06 diff, its not going to be the solution for me.

Second.

Lightstream

Collector Car Lending

JJBest LLC
(+650cs, 15% down)

NASA FCU

USAA FCU

Ive found some reasonably priced examples, and a few overpriced ones. The WS6, 6M 1 owners are fetching the highest, but the Autos seem to be a little cheaper. WS6 is cool but doesnt offer anything substantive over the TA than the Hood and badging. A few extra HP is meh.

Id want a Formula or Trans Am. The right price on a great condition Camaro SS would get me to take a serious look. A Z28 would be the last of the 4 options.

This car is also going to be my daily, not just my race car. While a roller is something I thought about, I dont want to dick with it all at once. Id like a nice car and mod as I go. Its also go to be a factory LS1/Auto. I dont want to have to mess with locating correct harnesses and such.

Acutally took a look at that exact car last week. She's been around the block and not perfect but it would be an ok start. Miles are too high though, no bank will loan on it. Id only want to offer like 4K max. If they did take it a personal loan might work but I want a car in a little better condition.

PenFed has no model year limits on their loans, but have a hard cap on miles at 125K. For my purposes thats completely reasonable. Ill certainly be looking into Lightstream!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread