Legal Advice (in regards to a gun purchase)

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
First, I am in Afghanistan and I can only get on the internet once a day.

Cliff notes at the bottom :)

I purchased a milled AK-47 from Lancaster Arms in Arizona back in the first week of October. They said there would be a one week turnaround time. After a week i tried to give them a call and the voicemail said that everyone had been hit with a bad case of the flu. I left messages and called several times with no replies. Finally I got ahold of somebody and wanted to know when the gun would ship, because I was getting ready to leave for Afghanistan. We determined that the gun would not make it in time so I wanted to cancel my order, but they said I had to talk to Heather and would have to call back the following morning.

After talking to them I went over to the FFL that I was going to have the gun transfered to and asked them if my brother could pick-up/purchase the gun for me because I was leaving the country. We determined that he can legally purchase the gun for me, so the following morning I called Lancaster Arms and told Heather that I did NOT want to cancel my order and explained why.

Since then I have emailed them and tried calling them but they do not answer their phone. Now I am in Afghanistan and their hours of operation are not within a feasable time to call, so I asked my dad to try and give them a call. He has tried calling all week and was actually able to get ahold of somebody, but they took his name and number and said we will call you back... they never called back.

I just looked them up on BBB and they have an F with 8 complaints filed against them (they have failed to respond to 5 of those complaints).

Cliff notes: I purchased an AK-47 a little over two months ago and after repeated calls and emails they will not repsond, looking for advice.

I put the purchase on my credit card so I can call my bank and get them on my side. Is this my best option? What about contacting a lawyer (a little difficult being in Afghanistan)? I already plan to file a BBB complaint and I would like to make a post or two on the few gun forums I surf.

Due to time I didn't proofread, but thanks for any help in advance.
-Mike

wvmystichrome

Established Member
BBBs really suck. They don't have any powers but to give a person the knowledge if a company has been reported. Go to the credit card issuer and get your money back.

Dane

Established Member
BBBs really suck. They don't have any powers but to give a person the knowledge if a company has been reported. Go to the credit card issuer and get your money back.

+1

Also a lawyer might scare them into responding to you but try the credit card company first.

My Cobra

Gigidy Gigidy Gigidy
Established Member
like the others have said. Go to the credit card company. They will get your money back.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Exactly. Dispute the charge and move on.

This!!

You had a contract and they breached. Your remedy is rescission. Call your C.C. company and explain the situation and dispute the charge and ask for a credit/charge back.

Users who are viewing this thread