Left turn signal hyper flashing

T-K

Established Member
Hi, on my 2013 Boss 302 with stock OEM led tail lights my left turn signals hyper flash, passenger side is all good and no issues.
All bulbs work, all lights work and i have checked connections. When Using hazard switch both sides blink normal.

No led bulbs on front blinker, using stock bulbs in front.

Do i need to replace the driver side tail light unit?

Vinnie_B

"LIVE LIFE AT FULL THROTTLE"
Established Member
Premium Member
This is how your turn signal and hazards system works:

The SJB monitors the multifunction switch position by sending multiple voltage signals to the multifunction switch. When the multifunction switch is in the LH or RH TURN positions, or the hazard lamp switch is pressed, that input signal is routed to ground.

When the SJB receives a request for a turn signal or hazard lamps, the SJB supplies voltage to the front turn lamps and sends a message to the Body Control Module B (BCM-B) to flash (sequential or non-sequential) the rear lamps.

The timed on/off cycle is determined by the SJB and is set to flash approximately 80 times per minute if both the front and rear turn lamps operate correctly. If an individual turn signal lamp is determined inoperative by the SJB or the BCM-B , the SJB and the BCM-B (non-sequentially) flash the remaining turn lamp(s) approximately 160 times per minute.

The timed on/off cycle for the hazard lamps is set to flash approximately 80 times per minute.

The rear turn lamps are set to flash sequentially from the inboard lamp to the outboard lamp. The rear lamps do not flash sequentially for the hazard function.

It's possible to be a few different things. Did you check for any DTC Faults? Specifically BCM-B DTC'S (Body Control Module Faults) It will start with a B

Lightning Fast⚡Electrical Automotive Repair LLC
PM Me or [email protected]
Remote or Local (On Site) Technical Repair

Last edited:

T-K

Established Member
Hi

Switched place on the rear lights, they both work perfect on the passenger side, so the rear lights are good.

Battery has been drained a couple of times, and 8 weeks shipping in a container.

Checked DTC’s….attached is DTC.

U3003(16)
Raw code: F00316
ECU: Dashboard[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Battery voltage

============4==============
B10DA(86)
Raw code: 90DA86
ECU: Dashboard

============5==============
U0401(81)
Raw code: C40181
ECU: Dashboard
OBDII: Invalid data received - engine control module (ECM)

B1317
Raw code: 9317
ECU: OCS[Archive (inactive)]
Ford: Battery Voltage High; BATTERY VOLTAGE HIGH

B1304(68)
Raw code: 930468
ECU: PSCM[Archive (inactive)]
Status: Confirmed, Test not completed during this operation cycle
Ford: Accessory Delay Relay Coil Circuit Short To Battery

============11==============
B00A0(63)
Raw code: 80A063
ECU: RCM[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Occupant Classification System

============12==============
U3003(16)
Raw code: F00316
ECU: RCM[Archive (inactive)]
OBDII: Battery voltage

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
This needs to be resolved as well.

B1304Accessory Delay Relay Coil Circuit Short To Battery

The accessory delay relay is located in the Smart Junction Box (SJB) . When the key is turned ON, the SJB activates the accessory delay relay by grounding the relay coil, and power is sent to all window motors and control switches. When the key is turned OFF, the SJB continues to ground the accessory delay relay coil for approximately 10 minutes, or until a door is opened.

• DTC B1304 (Accessory Delay Relay Coil Circuit Short to Battery) — Sets when a short to voltage is detected on the relay control circuit.
This is an issue as well:
  • DTC B1317 (Battery Voltage High) — a continuous memory DTC that sets when the SJB detects battery voltage above 15 volts.
It could be SJB related issuue as well or because of the short condition B1304

Its also possible you could have a bad Body Control Module (Corrupt Firmware). **Please check the ground. G400 Its in the luggage department left side.Take it off clean the ground cable and the the metal its grounded too. This ground is for (Left Rear) tail light lamp assembly, after you clean it and tighten it check rear tail light for proper operation.

If the ground does not resolve the rear driver side tail light issue. You need to find local electrical repair shop/ Ford Dealer with Ford IDS who can

-Scan your entire network for comm issues, Scan your Body Control Module and SJB for correct operation/damage and communication issues. I could do all of this if you were local to me and give you a diagnosis within in an hour but Im obviously not.

You also need to resolve the other two issues above. Hope this helps and sorry I cant do much more as this is no easy fix and is going to require some technical tools and personal to fix this corrrectly. If there is anything else you need dont hesitate to ask. Good Luck!!

Last edited:

T-K

Established Member
Thanks Vinnie_B

Appreciate you sharing your knowledge and helping, i will see what i can find.
It was not like this before shipping, but the shipper who handled the container in Norway used power booster to start the car due to battery drain…..could have caused those issues

T-K

Established Member
Vinnie_B

if there is any «remote» access and you can do my BCM,SJB,ECU let me know

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Vinnie_B

No. Please check that ground wire first before we jump to conclusions that you have module issue. Again.... its possible a module is the issue but it needs to be diagnosed with proper equipment.

That short issue and overcharge issue I would address asap as well.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Vinnie_B

This is a Ford factory technician electrical repair manual for all 2013 mustangs. I highly recommend you get one. It would really help with tracking down your other issues and/or others that may pop up in the future. The Ford Diagnostic tools/ software needed to scan your car are very expensive to the tune of 2-3K. They can be purchased to use if your interested in buying them for yourself. If interested let me know and I'll forward you the links.

Last edited:

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Vinnie_B

This is even better than the book. Its a CD and has everything you would need to make repairs for your 2013 Boss or any 2013 Mustang

Again.... there are more sites and info that would help with your situation. Let me know and I'll do and supply whatever info you need to help you. Good Luck Buddy!

T-K

Established Member
Thanks.

Used a better scanner, im stuck with two fails.

1: B1 265 24 OA Left Rear Turn Lamp Feedback

2: U0401 81 -0A Invalid Data Recieved from ECM/PCM

These are now the only codes i have after scannimg,clearing and systemchecking. I can erase them, but those two will come back as soon as i start the car.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks.

These are now the only codes i have after scannimg,clearing and systemchecking. I can erase them, but those two will come back as soon as i start the car.
Ok. I'll look into these DTC'S and come up with an diagnosis plan this evening @T-K. I'll be busy working till tonight but I'll get back to you

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Thanks.

• B1265:24 — Left Rear Turn Lamp Feedback: Signal Stuck High
A continuous and on-demand DTC that sets when the BCM-B detects an inoperative inboard LED lamp or an open/short to voltage from the left rear turn lamp feedback circuit.

So it appears you have an electrical issue that could be a short in the rear jumper harness or your turn lamp circuits are shorted together or rear lamp outage circuit is shorted to ground or possible a bad BCM-B Module.

Your going to need electrical prints and a good Digital Multi Meter and step by step trouble shooting guide which can be found here below in this CD at helm

*PLEASE READ COMPUTER SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE !!!

Or in this book off EBay

If you feel you need additional help feel free to reach out to me as I can provide step by step remote Troubleshooting support and technical information

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The wrong bulb type can cause this issue. Even though the bulb works, the resistance through the bulb can cause the SJB to read it as an error. Make sure the part number on the bulb is correct.
I have seen this same issue caused by the wrong bulb type, even though it looks like the right one, the resistance value through the bulb does not jive with the programming in the SJB.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
The wrong bulb type can cause this issue. Even though the bulb works, the resistance through the bulb can cause the SJB to read it as an error. Make sure the part number on the bulb is correct.
I have seen this same issue caused by the wrong bulb type, even though it looks like the right one, the resistance value through the bulb does not jive with the programming in the SJB.
He says he swapped the rear tail light over to the passenger side #3 and it functions normally??? Thats very interesting and a possibility but why would it work fine on the passenger side..... :unsure:

365 Saleen

Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He says he swapped the rear tail light over to the passenger side #3 and it functions normally??? Thats very interesting and a possibility but why would it work fine on the passenger side..... :unsure:
Because it is still seeing a resistance error in the system and triggers the fault on the drivers side? IDK the reasoning behind the programming. It may not be the issue, it is just something else to check/verify to eliminate the possibility. These electronics can be a pain to diagnose due to the complexity of it all.
It will be interesting to see what the fault really is. I have seen the SJB act weird because of water intrusion from plugged cowl drains. So, who knows.

Vinnie_B

Established Member
Premium Member
Because it is still seeing a resistance error in the system and triggers the fault on the drivers side? IDK the reasoning behind the programming. It may not be the issue, it is just something else to check/verify to eliminate the possibility. These electronics can be a pain to diagnose due to the complexity of it all.
It will be interesting to see what the fault really is. I have seen the SJB act weird because of water intrusion from plugged cowl drains. So, who knows.
Thats why I use FORD IDS! You not only can verify the intergrity of any module but you can chase down any networking or communication issues between modules due to wiring or component issues. Ford IDS is awesome tool!!

Users who are viewing this thread