LED's are in the front of the 08 GT...

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Well I had started a picture thread the other day with my new clear corners with ambers. I was not pleased with the OEM conventional bulb, due to the fact that it really bled out the amber marker. So I switched to a 60 LED 3 tower bulb for the fronts and a 20 LED 2 tower amber bulb for the sides. So far I think it really changes up the front end.

DSC_9005pb.jpg

DSC_9196pb.jpg

DSC_9202pb.jpg

Underexposed this shot so that you could see the amount of LED's.

DSC_9203pb.jpg

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Yeah, I have seen the smaller ones before. But not LED's of that size. Please do tell where you got them.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
di you blackout the headlights? it looks like it in the first 2 pics.

Nope, it must just be the lighting. They are the OEM housings.

can someone explain the whole amber thing. new edge cobra tail lights always sell fast because of the amber

Well basically since the new housings I got were black housings and clear (with a little amber on the outsides), the OEM white bulb bled it out. It made the amber piece look horrible. There are LED's that actually light up amber instead of white (or any other color), so I picked some of those up!

Yeah, I have seen the smaller ones before. But not LED's of that size. Please do tell where you got them.

www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs

The site is crappy. It's ran by a woman named Tracey and her husband who provide amazing customer service and some of the best prices around for LEDs. If anyone has any specifics to what LEDs fit where on the car (I've replaced just about all of my bulbs lol), just PM me.

My94GT

Established Member
looks good, my little bro ran them in his rsx for revirse lights since he had dark tint. worked like a charm and looked pretty cool

silverstang23

Established Member
Those look sharp. Do you have any pictures with your headlights turned on?

I don't know if you have done this already or have an interest, but have you looked into changing the green lights in your car to blue LED's? With the LED's on the outside and your blue car that would be a really nice touch.

blck04gt

Just a stupid GT....
Established Member
Those look sharp. Do you have any pictures with your headlights turned on?

I don't know if you have done this already or have an interest, but have you looked into changing the green lights in your car to blue LED's? With the LED's on the outside and your blue car that would be a really nice touch.

I do not have any pics with the headlights turned on, but I can get some for you. In the next month or so, I plan on getting dual beam 8000k HIDs.

And yeah, I have thought about changing out the bulbs to LEDs on the gauge cluster. Do you know how easy the bulbs are to access on the backside of the gauge cluster?

addictedpony

Established Member
for some reason my messaging isn't working but could you try and PM or post which bulbss you used for the turn signals?

lancec2c30

I just gagged
Established Member
Not sure on the S197's. But I am sure the design is pretty common this.

[ame=http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showthread.php?t=477431]How To: LED Gauges and HVAC - The Mustang Source[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread