led tail lamps... opinions please

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
so I like the look of the newer mustangs and I saw a while back that American muscle was offering the led newer style tail lamps for 99-04 mustangs.

just wanted your guys opinions on the look...

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-icon-led-taillights.html

100807.jpg
100807_alt1.jpg

100807_alt2.jpg

Last edited:

EB85

Established Member
Not bad. I've seen worse. One thing I'm not crazy about is how the outer light wraps around but I'm guessing that was due to spacing and not looks.

Zemedici

Established Member
How is an OE style lamp rice ...

There are rice looking lights but these are definitely

ftfy :beer:

I don't understand your question. Just because its OE on one generation of vehicle, doesn't mean its suitable for another. Do me a favor and put some S197 lights on a foxbody and lemme know how that works out for ya. :)

Oh, and put a LED strip in there that's not a solid beam like the 13-14 cars. They look cool when they're off, when they're on they look like death.

And Altezza/Euro style lights are 'oe style'

maxresdefault.jpg

saying that's not rice? Please.

Last edited:

brian97cobra

The Infractionator
Established Member
ftfy :beer:

I don't understand your question. Just because its OE on one generation of vehicle, doesn't mean its suitable for another. Do me a favor and put some S197 lights on a foxbody and lemme know how that works out for ya. :)

Oh, and put a LED strip in there that's not a solid beam like the 13-14 cars. They look cool when they're off, when they're on they look like death.

And Altezza/Euro style lights are 'oe style'

maxresdefault.jpg

saying that's not rice? Please.

Altezza/Euro style lights are not and never were oe or oe style on any mustangs....
those do look like crap and "rice"

anyways you stated your opinion

Yulla

SVT Noob
Established Member
I'm not a fan, I think they look terrible on our generation. Having said that, it's your car and you should do whatever makes you happy.

117678_800px.jpg

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
I don't think they look bad personally. With that said unless it's oem or blacked out it will be labeled as rice around here.

Flad

Wanting
Established Member
what the heck did they do to that poor Mustang?

I tink the AM lights look good, would like to see real pic's of actual mustangs wearing them

50 Deep

SVT JEDI
Established Member
There was a thread about this in pics and vid when these were released. Pics on an actual car.

They did not look that good then, and still do not now. For the price it is not worth it considering the extremely mixed reviews they get. I'm with zemedici on this one

Zemedici

Established Member
Altezza/Euro style lights are not and never were oe or oe style on any mustangs....
those do look like crap and "rice"

anyways you stated your opinion

Your car brotha. FWIW I think they look good with the lights off, but when they light up, they look like death.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Arent these the lights people were asking about 6 months ago, that looked like absolute shit in person (and in real photos, not renderings)?

Black2010

Established Member
Ugh. I just want to know why you can buy this style light for 99-04 mustangs as well as 05-09 mustangs but you CAN NOT buy them for 2010-2012 mustangs. What is wrong with the aftermarket here. Those lights were designed for the body style of the 2010-2014 cars and there are a lot of 10-12 owners that want them and yet they go making them for 99-04 cars. Go figure.

As to the original question. I don't think they look good at all on the 99-04. They look OK on the 05-09 and they look killer on the 13-14's.

mnewxcv

Established Member
Ugh. I just want to know why you can buy this style light for 99-04 mustangs as well as 05-09 mustangs but you CAN NOT buy them for 2010-2012 mustangs. What is wrong with the aftermarket here. Those lights were designed for the body style of the 2010-2014 cars and there are a lot of 10-12 owners that want them and yet they go making them for 99-04 cars. Go figure.

As to the original question. I don't think they look good at all on the 99-04. They look OK on the 05-09 and they look killer on the 13-14's.

maybe a patent issue?

4601S/C

Established Member
I like them, but that LED strips don't do them any favors. That's my biggest problem with them.

Users who are viewing this thread