LED Headlights...

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Is it just me or are the LED headlights just..... average at best??? Not sure about any other year but the 19 I just picked up really doesnt put as much light down in the foreground as I thought they would. Dont get me wrong, they are bright as all get out but they just dont seem to make use of that brightness.

Am I all by myself on this one or can anyone else confirm Im not crazy. Looks like a foglight kit just moved from the "want" to the "need" list.

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
Adjustment seems to be good as far as I can see, I will try bringing them down a touch and see if it makes any difference. Maybe my expectations were just too high with all the times my retinas have bleed from other what I believe were LED cars.

thecatalyst

Established Member
I totally agree. Just got a 2020 Raptor and compared to my 2018 Jeep Rubicon, the headlights are dull. I was shocked to find out they were actually LED’s‍♂️

*Jay*

Tweeker by trade
Established Member
Premium Member
If I didnt love the look of the stock headlights I would have replaced them already. Between the Alpharex and Morimoto replacements I think I would go with the Alpharex because they seem to have better coverage in the foreground, neither really compare looks wise to the stock housings unfortunately. Funny thing is that there is a TSB for the LED headlights being too bright lol.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I was just watching this yesterday and was honestly surprised at how poorly the stock lights appeared to be.

Users who are viewing this thread