LED Headlights and Fogs- Now Cluster Lights don’t work

LS WUT

Established Member
Man.. the struggle seems real with your hoops on this car. I’m glad you haven’t given up man. She’s a beauty. Sorry to hear all about the issues she’s been having. I wish I had more knowledge with electronics to offer you. However readying the thread posted above it does seem beneficial given you have the knowledge to tinker.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
Man.. the struggle seems real with your hoops on this car. I’m glad you haven’t given up man. She’s a beauty. Sorry to hear all about the issues she’s been having. I wish I had more knowledge with electronics to offer you. However readying the thread posted above it does seem beneficial given you have the knowledge to tinker.

I have seen that thread. Lol. Way over my head. Can’t imagine my cluster just died randomly. Weird

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
My LED headlights and fog lights had no issues working for me. They did reverse my high-beam/low-beam (on purpose). Technically they are on high-beams all the time but that was part of the install. Good luck. I would like to see the issue and the fix.

Fastback

Baker
Established Member
Premium Member
I have seen that thread. Lol. Way over my head. Can’t imagine my cluster just died randomly. Weird

I can, that's what happens. This is why most of us have a love hate relationship with electronics. A little fluctuation on a circuit, to much for the small piece to handle. Shit the bed. Or a simple connection. Take your pick. This is why I hate electronics. A little work will get it squared away. Maybe pick that guys brain a min.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
I can, that's what happens. This is why most of us have a love hate relationship with electronics. A little fluctuation on a circuit, to much for the small piece to handle. Shit the bed. Or a simple connection. Take your pick. This is why I hate electronics. A little work will get it squared away. Maybe pick that guys brain a min.

Do you know if the lens on the cluster can be removed? I found a nice looking cluster with exact same mileage on it bay but it has a scratch on each side of the lens

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
My LED headlights and fog lights had no issues working for me. They did reverse my high-beam/low-beam (on purpose). Technically they are on high-beams all the time but that was part of the install. Good luck. I would like to see the issue and the fix.
That can be remedied by swapping 2 of the wires in the 3 wire plug at each headlight.

NotSatisfied

Established Member
I've got faith in this guy. He seems to figure everything out or has people around him that help him figure things out. Regardless, he'll be fine.

Stereo Installer never hooked up the Orange/White wires for instrument lighting controls- so I imagine the wire was grounding out on a support bracket (just kept blowing 5 amp fuses). Spliced then together and voila.

I think my cluster EL display is slowly dying as it was kind of dim to begin with. Ordered a donor cluster, swapped the boards out and the lighting is night and day now. All fixed!

LS WUT

Established Member
Stereo Installer never hooked up the Orange/White wires for instrument lighting controls- so I imagine the wire was grounding out on a support bracket (just kept blowing 5 amp fuses). Spliced then together and voila.

I think my cluster EL display is slowly dying as it was kind of dim to begin with. Ordered a donor cluster, swapped the boards out and the lighting is night and day now. All fixed!

Nailed it! Crushing it brotato chip. Love hearing good news!

FleeMan

Established Member
Premium Member
My offer still stands now that you have figured everything out with the car, lol.

But for real, glad to read that you figured that out and it was relatively cheap to do.

Users who are viewing this thread