Leave it to the Aussies! Turnkey V8 Ranger Raptors

andymarkv

Established Member
Man, this looks like a good time!!
Supposedly they made it fit without cutting/welding & spent the time to sort out the CAN bus connections so everything works like factory stock.
I'm sure they'll cost HUGE money...but maybe they'll offer it in "kit form" at some point in the future?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Definitely an interesting conversion! Sounds awesome, and I'll bet it's a hoot to drive.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
As long as the tune is CARB or EPA legal and the emission bits are in place, technically it can be imported.

andymarkv

Established Member
Looks like a Killa Kustoms conversion costs $40K + a Ranger Raptor...
Too steep considering the other options in that price range...but they have quite a bit of R&D costs to recoup.
I'd love to see it come out in kit form later on for the next gen Ranger

Jiffy

Established Member
He did say it was "engineered" - so it's been reviewed by an automotive engineer and given the 'ok' - so once that's done, they're in business and the truck can be roadworthyed (checked as being legally compliant to go on our roads) and insured then away you go...
Lots of modified vehicles here, and there is a process, and a lot of people do that...
Sometimes it feels like money is no objection, people pay ridiculous $ for what they want...

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Australian road laws are unbelievably strict.
You should see the reactions of Australians on Drag Week/Race Week...shear unbelief at what we are allowed to do here.

Not surprising. Those poor bastards cannot even be outside without a reason.

Its shocking what has happened to that country. The icing on the cake is their government sleeps well at night knowing there will never be a meaningful citizen uprising because theyve confiscated/destroyed all of their weapons.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member
Oz: V8 Ranger Raptor

Ford: Best we can do is rainbows.
latest

Users who are viewing this thread