LEAK ISSUE!

crazyespn

Established Member
So, I recently added a 2001 BULLIT to the garage. Got it on trade. All together when I made the trade I only had a couple of hundred in the other vehicle I bartered, so took a chance. The car right off the back needed a battery and had a starting issue. Put a new Yellow Top and found out the wiring issue. It was a simple fix, the body ground on the radiator support that also attaches to the battery were bad, as well as both terminals for battery cables bad.

So now car starts and drives, BUT...... ran into more issues. For starters the guy I got it from said he just rebuilt the motor. Hey gave me a parts lists of Comp Cams, Scat Crank, pistons, rods, the whole 9 yards. I must say it lopes hard, I reinstalled the custom tune for it as well and sounds great.

There is a knocking sound coming from passenger side of engine. Its not a rod bearing and put it off to be maybe lashers (valve train). It goes and comes it does not get loud when you give it gas but you can hear it at idle. At times you don't hear it all all, other times sounds loud and bad. The car has good oil pressure (constant and strong) and the car has not overheated once, even at idle for running 20-25 minutes. Weird thing tho haven't heard the fans kick on once other than when installing the tune. There is no antifreeze in the oil. Now there is a leak coming from the passenger side of the motor leaking onto the manifold. At first I thought it was a valve cover gasket, and the guy left a new set in the trunk so replaced it, glad to see that I did see all new valve train and cams, chains, etc. All the gaskets seems new. Being that it is so tight I cannot see where it is coming from, so I reached by hand. Now in the rear right side of the block my hand came out with a milky sludge as if it was milky oil in the block with a bad head gasket, and somehow I had new fresh oil in my hand. Now I am stumped because the fluids and oil levels have not gone down. Also I noticed that the right exhaust has a little hessitation then releases a little water.

I dunno can anyone give me any ideas of what it could be. Is there possibly a freeze plug but that should have oil coming out. I am going to go with just a bad head gasket. Can it be bad with no antifreeze in oil, is it normal to have the milky residue on the outside of the motor? Dunno, car is no longer named BULLIT, new name Houdini.

Users who are viewing this thread