Leak help

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
Came out from work today and saw a big ass puddle right behind the drivers side front wheel well. I immediately popped the hood and checked the following fluid levels:

Coolant (both rad and ic): full
Oil: full
Brake Fluid : full

I couldn't find the power steering fluid.

The liquid is a very light brown almost clear. I got it home and made sure it was me that is leaking, and it is. It's dripping about once every 3-4 seconds. It's coming from whatever this is:

IMAG0058.jpg

IMAG0056.jpg

IMAG0057.jpg

Is that my e-brake cable? Like I said the brake fluid is full.

It is dripping down from that black cable onto the body and then dripping down from there.

So what's going on here?

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
upon further inspection, it's coolant.

at work it left a puddle about the size of a large pizza box. I've been home for 5 hours and it leaked for about an hour, to the size of a softball. Much much smaller in size.

I hadn't driven the truck in about 3 weeks, could that have caused an excess build up of coolant somewhere that got blown out after the first drive?

2001SVTTRUCK

Established Member
First thing that comes to my mind is coolant shouldn't be any color of brown, ever. Second coolant doesn't "build up" from the truck sitting for a few weeks. After long periods of time, hoses and seals can dry out and crack causing a leak you have. I would suggest taking your truck to a trusted Ford mechanic and having him take a look at it. Even if it isn't coolant the only fluids that should be light brown is engine oil and brake fuild, and those are never good leaking.

astrodudepsu

1of72 Hater
Established Member
the big puddle at work had to be a coincidence. a combination of a small puddle of my coolant mixed with a larger puddle of something someone spilled on the ground, because the little puddle i left at my house was all green. And the little puddle today so far is also green. So it's a slow coolant leak out of somewhere. The hoses are all original AFAIK. I'll take it in to get it looked at, as I don't have a lift and couldn't find a hose leaking or dripping yesterday.

Users who are viewing this thread