LDC injury

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
guys,

i had shoulder surgery for a torn rotator cuff thursday so i won't be answering pms or emails for several days. thanks

cliff

dougwg

Established Member
geezzz... just walk it off Cliff! ;-)

j/k
Take it easy and do what the doctor tells ya... you'll be back in no time :)

adamb258

Established Member
sorry to hear, like doug said take it easy and you will be good as new before you know it

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Go very easy man. My dad has had 6 (4 on his left and 2 on his right) and now has cadaver parts in his shoulder because his was too far gone.

flyn high again

Established Member
thanks everyone! recovery is progressing. anyone have any tips on how to sleep with my arm in a sling? bed hurts too much so i've been trying to sleep in a recliner. getting about 2-3 hours sleep each night the past few nights.

ugotbit03

4.6 ways to waste money
Established Member
sleep is overrated... you need to drink so much you pass out, then you will sleep like a rock where ever... recliner...bed...floor...you know what im talkin about!PS got my cooling mod in its the bomb! thanks and get better!!

Last edited:

dougwg

Established Member
ugotbit03 said:
sleep is overrated... you need to drink so much you pass out, then you will sleep like a rock where ever recliner...bed...floor...you know what im talkin about!PS got my cooling mod in its the bomb! thanks and get better!!

I was thinking the same thing LOL

Boosted97

I wish I had a Cobra
Established Member
flyn high again said:
thanks everyone! recovery is progressing. anyone have any tips on how to sleep with my arm in a sling? bed hurts too much so i've been trying to sleep in a recliner. getting about 2-3 hours sleep each night the past few nights.

i had surgery very similar to this couple years ago, not for my rot. cuff though, but to re-attatch ligaments. i found the best way to sleep was to like you said sleep in a recliener, or if you're not much of a roller when you sleep, what i did was stack pillows on both sides of me, and slept on my back. if you get the pillows high enough, for some reason when i would attempt to rollover i would feel them and stop :shrug:

hope you feel better soon, i know what a pain in the butt that is to have your arm in a sling like that. once it does come out though, becareful, i found myself wearing the sling past what the doctor said was necisary just b/c the weight of my arm on the joint hurt. get well man, i feel your pain.

spelling > me lol sorry :-D

Last edited:

Jimmysidecarr

Semi user friendly
Established Member
Boosted97 said:
i had surgery very similar to this couple years ago, not for my rot. cuff though, but to re-attatch ligaments. i found the best way to sleep was to like you said sleep in a recliener, or if you're not much of a roller when you sleep, what i did was stack pillows on both sides of me, and slept on my back. if you get the pillows high enough, for some reason when i would attempt to rollover i would feel them and stop :shrug:

hope you feel better soon, i know what a pain in the butt that is to have your arm in a sling like that. once it does come out though, becareful, i found myself wearing the sling past what the doctor said was necisary just b/c the weight of my arm on the joint hurt. get well man, i feel your pain.

spelling > me lol sorry :-D

Ditto.. re-attach 2 ligaments :bash: NO fun at all!!!

Pillow barricade eventually worked for me... It semi-immobilized me. I used a big foam wedge(that one of us got on one of our surgeries..lol) to prop me up to a partial sitting up position(big help)... then the barricade to prevent rolling.. and also to keep the arm in a comfortable position once I found out what that position was.

Once you are able DO NOT PUSS OUT ON THE PHYSICAL THERAPY!!!!
It is a very complex joint with lots of support muscles and tendons that will need stretching and re-strengthening!!!

You do not want to lose range of motion.... trust me!!! Once it's gone and all scarred in.... it's GONE!!! If I had it to do over I would have followed my -->HOME therapy to the tee!!! Instead I relied on the office "assisted" therapy...and it turned out I lost some range of motion :nonono: :kaboom: :bash:

Best of luck to you on your recovery... a lot of the mental attitude clichés are in fact very helpful ... You have got to want it back to normal!!!

:thumbsup:

flyn high again

Established Member
Boosted 97 and Jimmy, thanks for the tips. I'm discovering that your advice is exactly correct. I was trying a pillow to immobilize it and a towel to lift my wrist slightly but your ways sound better. I already went through 6 weeks of physical therapy [they didn't find the rotator cuff tear in the MRI and tried Cortisone and PT first].Dr. said 6 more weeks of PT or surgery. Glad I went with the surgery since the PT wouldn't have fixed the tear. So hopefully, I know what to expect from the therapy. I will work my ass off to make the arm as good as it can be.

Thanks everyone for taking the time to post comments to me. They are very appreciated. :beer:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
You big pussy! You ain't hurt! Like Doug says...just walk it off!! :poke:

Seriously, my brother went through this. He slept in a recliner for weeks. It was the most painful injury he had ever been through...and the physical therapy was murder. Take care and get well soon!

Users who are viewing this thread