Lawn Equipment

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Show off your yard toys!

-John Deere 670 with 7' finish mower
-Gravely 260Z 60"
-Stihl FS130R (Most hilarious weed eater I've ever used, the amount of power it has is absurd)

927C63CA-0072-4836-B962-7C6DA392BD4F_zpslvhpfivr.jpg

And yes, I desperately need to clean my garage.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
Nothing so far, paid to have mine handled last year, and had to borrow a mower so far this year.

oldmodman

Established Member
None.

I have a Japanese gardener with two Mexicans working for him.

I do have a chainsaw (actually two) but it's only to create smoker fuel.

SweetSVT99

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I hope you called One Call ;)

I did! As luck would have it my neighbor works for the locate company, so with a couple hundred feet of steel fish tape and a few beers we located all the existing drain tile and downspout drains buried in my yard before I started digging.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I did! As luck would have it my neighbor works for the locate company, so with a couple hundred feet of steel fish tape and a few beers we located all the existing drain tile and downspout drains buried in my yard before I started digging.

Your neighbor works for the locate company?

PM incoming. Small world.

Stanger00

Established Member
1000 sq ft of lawn split between front and back yard. We have small lots in the Bay Area.

craftsman_lawn_mower_7307283__71886.1427912824.1280.1280.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monkeygrits

Newb SVT Poster
Established Member
Here's my 85 dollar race tractor lol
cbc88c2cf0444f25f905cab292efca79.jpg

Complete with suicide knob and custom golf ball throttle knob.

Edit: I'm not sure why the picture is flipped over. Damn tapatalk.

Last edited:

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
If your weed eater isnt a Stihl, then shame on you. That's all i have to say.

I've just got a strait shaft residential type stihl weed eater. Wife just bought me a small Stihl blower yesterday. Both two stroke. No riding more yet, we barrow one. Im not even sure which kind we will get since john deere are made so damn cheap these days and are over priced.

Skrapmetal

Established Member
I have a beat up old push mower and a decent 4-stroke weed eater. If my yard were bigger I'd get a riding mower and maybe enjoy yard work a little... but it isn't, and I don't.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member

I've just got a strait shaft residential type stihl weed eater. Wife just bought me a small Stihl blower yesterday. Both two stroke. No riding more yet, we barrow one. Im not even sure which kind we will get since john deere are made so damn cheap these days and are over priced.

Deeres sold at the big box stores aren't real Deeres and are cheap junk. Real ones are expensive but you get what you pay for. I'd rather buy an old 214/216 on Craigslist for the same price as the cheap riders at Lowe's or Home Depot.

flattrack53

Established Member

I've had an Echo weed eater for 5-6 years... I also have 3-4 miles of fence line that I do bi-weekly and I've never had a problem with it... I do however have a Stihl chainsaw.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
Used this on our old 1.2 acres. Going to have to change it up now that we have 5.5 acres.

John Deere L130 with 48" deck:

181521_01_2003_john_deere_l130_lawn_trac_640.jpg

Echo Bear Cat for trimming:

thumb.php

Last edited:

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
Used this on our old 1.2 acres. Going to have to change it up now that we have 5.5 acres.

If you can swing it, get a good quality compact tractor. I mow about 5 acres with my 670 and it takes no time at all with a 7' cut and it's much nicer to ride than my zero turn. I also use it to push snow where I can't get with my truck, and just finished putting about 100 fence posts in the ground with it. It comes in handy a lot. I wish I had a loader for it but the model loader that fits it is obviously old/discontinued, and hard to come by used ($$$$$).

RichM1983

Established Member

Don't get a Husqvarna they are junk. Mine is a 21k46, it is a cheaper unit but it is still a POS. My dads cheap Deere has lasted several years and he does NO maintenance. I don't even think he has changed the oil. My father-in-law has a more expensive Husqvarna and it was a POS too. The rear end went out after less than 200 hours. I will NEVER buy another one. My Husqvarna leaf blower is shitty too. It won't run full throttle without lots of playing with it.

Users who are viewing this thread