Latest Oil Analysis

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
Looks like a chunk of crud found its way between the crank and a bearing shell or something. I'm not terribly worried about it; I have 61,000 miles on the car already and if this is the worst thats going on internally, I'LL TAKE IT fwiw...

8-2-07-Oilreport.jpg

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Interesting, I've gotta send in a sample of mine sometime.

You run the car pretty hard with relatively frequent open-tracking right? Looks like it's holding up very well.

:beer:

Last edited:

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Nice. Next oil change I run mine again.

My sample container was destroyed during my move from my last change.

This is why I've fallen in live with Blackstone. They sent me two free complimentary sample containers after purchasing my oil analysis. My next one is going to them at the 6500 mile marker on the current oil. They indicated in my last sample that I could stretch the GC 0W-30 to 6500 miles. I figure lets see if the motor likes it.

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
I drive the car has fast and as hard as I know how, every chance I get. The car has done at least four open track events every year of its life, and in 2004-2006 I did closer to eight events each year.

The car has been to Lake Superior, and the Gulf of Mexico. Runs mid 12s, and will turn a 1:38:xx at Gingerman. Car still holds a couple of local track records for its class (I was Y/Modified Class Champion in 2005, Midwestern Council of Sports Car Clubs). I hope to eventually take the car from Key West to Vancouver. Just to say I did it.

Steeda30 said:
Interesting, I've gotta send in a sample of mine sometime.

You run the car pretty hard with relatively frequent open-tracking right? Looks like it's holding up very well.

:beer:

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Nope. ive run 5w-20 dinosaur squeezins (broke it in on kendall gt1), 5w-20 mobil1, 0w-20 mobil1 in the winter (I drive it all four seasons and we have four seasons in Chicagoland), and 10w-30 mobil1. I run 5w-30 or 10w-30 Mobil1, depending on whats on sale. I buy by the gallon because my car takes 8 quarts (more as soon as I finish my latest mods - upgrading from -10 to -12 oil cooler lines, from single to dual oil filters, and going from an oil cooler thats 2x3x13 to one thats 3x3x28 :) )

In my mind the ultimate oil is not 20w-50, but SAE 30. I just am too fraidycat to run it on a modern street car...

Users who are viewing this thread