Latest mod,,Revan Racing aluminum tanks,,,polished!!

Ky GT500

Established Member
Just got these back from polishing and installed on the car tonight. Nice addition to engine bay dress up!! Thanks Van,,,and Tony at Mirror Finish Polishing,,tanks turned out great!!:coolman:

image-46.jpg

image-45.jpg

image-48.jpg

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Looks real nice!
Norton, I found the OEM clamps to be a PITA underneath the tanks! It's doable, but I used a few cuss words.

Ky GT500

Established Member
I used all the factory clamps except for the one under the SC tank, tried it, but couldn't get a good grip on it and just changed it out to a standard clamp. Didn't want to accidentally scratch up the tank trying to make the factory one work. Install was pretty straight forward. I did remove the radiator cover and took out the air filter and box to get more room and no scratches. Even removing all that, draining tanks, swapping them, refill, got it all done and back together in 50 min.

Norton

Long-time SVT Enthusiast
Established Member
Norton, I found the OEM clamps to be a PITA underneath the tanks! It's doable, but I used a few cuss words.
I used all the factory clamps except for the one under the SC tank, tried it, but couldn't get a good grip on it and just changed it out to a standard clamp. Didn't want to accidentally scratch up the tank trying to make the factory one work. Install was pretty straight forward. I did remove the radiator cover and took out the air filter and box to get more room and no scratches. Even removing all that, draining tanks, swapping them, refill, got it all done and back together in 50 min.
Thanks, guys! There ALWAYS seems to be something else I want for this car... :uh oh:

bluesnake263

Baby hulk
Established Member
Wow that looks clean! Great show mod. Nortin my bank account and i feel your pain lol.

Slowponycar

Established Member

They look awesome :beer:

AMP GT500

Established Member
Absolutely beautiful! It totally transforms the look of your engine bay! It looks all business, totally BAD ASS!
I want to do this!

0Boost

Established Member
Do these tanks hold more over stock? They look amazing... been wanting them.

brandonflood123

Established Member
ahhh nice color combo:beer: i wanna see more pics of your car, maybe if you get some time you could pm them to me or just post on here?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Are these available in a wrinkle black finish or would I have to send them out for powder coating?

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I ordered mine in piano black, IMO They look awesome...............
NELCO :beer::beer:

That's good to hear. I'm thinking I would like a finish that resembles the stripes, almost like the black on whipples.

Ky GT500

Established Member
Do these tanks hold more over stock? They look amazing... been wanting them.

SC tank holds almost double what the stock plastic one holds. Rad tank, I added just a bit more.

Here's the finished underhood.

image-49.jpg

Last edited:

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
Very impressive engine bay!
I'm still trying to figure out how to improve the t-stat/ water Y.
-J

mwilson6192

Established Member
I think these tanks definitely add a degree of finish and bling to the GT500 engine compartment. I like the look of the polished finish, but I went with the "natural" aluminum brushed finish.

Regardless of choice (painted, brushed aluminum or polished), these tanks are a nice (and functional) addition to our cars.

I need a better picture of my finished engine compartment (this was taken when my car was in the middle of my build, and I still have many engine bay parts to install), but this will have to suffice for the moment.

TascaModShopPhoto10_zpsd343aa51.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread