Last Man Standing is back on Fox

CV355

_
Established Member
Cool! Now we need to get SNL removed from broadcast due to the same political backlash that LMS faced.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Yeah, I love watching reruns of "Home Improvement", but "Last Man Standing" is really over the top politics.

I really miss when sitcoms were limited on their political commentary.

Yeah, I remember when SNL would make fun of everybody, but quit watching when it basically became a format for bashing one side of the political coin.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
Wasn't there something about the first episode being somewhat heavy on politics but then scaling it back?

I wouldn't mind watching but lately I don't even keep up with stuff on the DVR.

BigPoppa

Hope you enjoy the show
Established Member
Wasn't there something about the first episode being somewhat heavy on politics but then scaling it back?

It wouldn't surprise me. The show was nixed due to politics, it's only fair they get their stab in during at least the first episode.

HillbillyHotRod

Hooligan rabble rouser
Established Member
I liked when they digged ABC for cancelling them. It has always been political which is most likely why it got axed. He has said they will be tackling a lot of current topics, so will see. Yeah Mandy was too much of a change. From a short brunette to a tall blonde. Maybe she grew a lot in the last two years.

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member

I'm sure this is probably correct. The show was never as politic heavy as this premier was.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
If you watched the show from the beginning Tim Allen was always political on the show. That is why lefty ABC dumped the show when it was number one rated for its time slot because of Allen's politics. It works better on FOX anyway. ABC blows.

blk02edge

Established Member
If you watched the show from the beginning Tim Allen was always political on the show. That is why lefty ABC dumped the show when it was number one rated for its time slot because of Allen's politics. It works better on FOX anyway. ABC blows.
I like the show because it was always good subtle conservative values being tossed in there with the occasional ribbing. This last episode was like watching jimmy fallon or james cordon on the opposite side. I hate it when the right stoops to the level of liberals

sleek98

Established Member
Rosanne was over the top the first few episodes then it backed off. I see the same happening here. Has it really been 2 years? I didn't realize that.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member

I wonder if the same reason holds true for The Real O'Neals since it wasn't overly kissing the ass of gays.

Blown 89

Established Member
I enjoyed the last show but never finished it once they cancelled it. I'm stoked to catch back up and start watching the new one.

jeffh81

Here’s KingBlack
Established Member
2D17371A-1E2D-47D5-97B4-AD18D90B6E60.jpeg
29B10660-D551-48A8-B6C4-C25C078EFCDC.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread