LaSota vs Decipha (efidynotuning) tune?

BigBart33

Established Member
As far as I can tell, those two seem to be the best in the business and have both provided a wealth of tuning knowledge to the community.

LaSota is cheaper, but price is not a real concern and Decipha has unlimited re-tunes. Seems like Decipha is a bit more respected in general in the Mustang community. Which would you all pick for a fairly heavily modified Terminator?

cajun cobra

Established Member
I can only speak on my experience with decipha as I've never used Lasota. He is by far the best tuner that I've had tuning the cobra. He knows these ecu's inside and out and a stand up guy. Heck he even hit me up a few times when he was passing through my area to see if I needing any tweaking done on tune. That's about as good as it gets in my book.

can04cobra

Established Member
Decipha tuned my car and I'm very happy with how streetable it is with built engine headlwork Cams and a 2.9 whipple. I haven't dyno"d it after we street tunes it remotely but previous was 730hp it feels faster now. Was a great experience dealing with him and would do it all over again.

Sent from my SM-G960W using the svtperformance.com mobile app

waltnono

Established Member
Lasota, at the time would not do a remote WOT tune. Michael will WOT remote tune and help figure out any issues you might have.

HPLouis

Established Member
I've dealt with LaSota since 2004, when I was one of the first people to purchase SCT's Pro Racer Package. I was tuning with a TwEECer at the time. He helped me tune my blown 1995 Cobra R. I remember using the chip burner, a SNEEC-IV and the Wideband Commander while on a cell phone with him, driving up and down the road as he helped me tune the car. The car was a basket case and he helped me get stock drivability back. He also wrote several tuning guides for SCT and other tuning software. He also trains other tuners for SCT. I'm currently working with him right now as I tune my Mystichrome.
Decipha has a very informative website and I see him a lot on other sites, like HPTuners. He's also extremely knowledgeable and very willing to help and share that knowledge. When I read his posts and his page, I'm amazed at his level of knowledge and his ability and willingness to just freely share that knowledge.
It's great you're doing your research. You can't go wrong with either of them.

1wild-horse

Purveyor of missed information
Established Member
No experience with Lasota.. I did buy his book though. Michael is tuning my current project and I love how slick it works. Don't have one bad thing to say about the experience at all. He is very experienced and always answers my questions how ever basic or complex. Great guy.

Users who are viewing this thread