LaSota SCT PRP book and DVD, worth it?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Ive had PRP for a while but really just lost at where to even start so I was looking at his book and the DVD, are they worth it? Does the DVD help much if you already have the book?

cj428mach

Established Member
The book is good.

It not only explains how things work, it also gives good base setting recommendations.

nstag8r

Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
The book and the DVD are great and will help a lot. I bought ym entire setup from Don and cannot say enough kind words about the support you get from him.

BO TY KLR

Established Member
Agree with others that book is very informative for the novice. It helped me alot. Not much on DVD in terms of tuning, more for helping navigate the software

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ok, so the dvd is really more about finding your way around the software than anything? Im comfortable moving around it, changing individual values or entire tables its just where to start and what certain things should be when logging etc... Ill just get the book and start from there I guess

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ordered the book but Ive gotta LOL at the shipping prices, +$5 for the printed version shipped making it $80, ok fine...another $25 for USPS priority? GTFO, a flat rate padded envelope is $6.

Mike Dj

Established Member
The books are a great help with tuning. Anyone that is tuning with Sniper/DeltaForce the book is not available from LaSota but if tou go to Tuningtools.com they can help hunt one down for you.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I know this topic has been covered, but question for the guys who've jumped into the self tuning world. Can a guy like me, who has a good grasp of computers and knows how engines operate, but has no clue how to tune, really learn this stuff well enough to do it right?

I'm seriously considering investing in PRP because I just don't want to be at the mercy of a tuner anymore. As good as he is, I don't want to rely on anyone else anymore. I do all the work on my car besides assembling the bottom end of the motor.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I know this topic has been covered, but question for the guys who've jumped into the self tuning world. Can a guy like me, who has a good grasp of computers and knows how engines operate, but has no clue how to tune, really learn this stuff well enough to do it right?

I'm seriously considering investing in PRP because I just don't want to be at the mercy of a tuner anymore. As good as he is, I don't want to rely on anyone else anymore. I do all the work on my car besides assembling the bottom end of the motor.

everyone had to start from scratch at some point...the package from Lasota seems like a good setup to get started from, it seems like its just knowing where to start so you arent chasing your tail and having an idea of what things look like when working properly

I dont even know that I intend to do the WOT tuning on mine but if nothing else I like that Ill be able to spend as much time as I want on driavability and such, time that most tuners arent going to spend unless you have a big fat check to write them (or things that dont happen the dyno or happen that frequently)

Mike Dj

Established Member
Sure you can just take your time and ask questions along the way. You can call Don LaSota for info as well if you get stuck. Very helpful guy.

Prototype007

Established Member
Met a guy yesterday with a procharged 2v that he tuned himself and he was praising of this.

I was very impressed with the kid and what he has done. This has sealed the deal on me looking more into this stuff! :beer:

8urzo6

Established Member

I just took the jump and purchased the Pro Racer Software. I have a pretty unique car. A 93 coupe with a coyote swap and a F1-A Procharger hanging off of it. All the tuners where I live won't touch it. I was working with another tuner and he was great. He is very busy and some logs got lost. He was kind enough to set me up with a base tune for the car. After reading the book from LaSota I am confident I can tune it. I will get my dongle tomorrow. I have already signed the user agreement and downloaded the software. I can't wait!

cj428mach

Established Member

Whats your combo?

Make sure you buy your PRP from Don Lasota, he'll set you up with a base tune thats pretty close you just fine tune it in from there.

crfrider16

Heretic
Established Member
I just took the jump and purchased the Pro Racer Software. I have a pretty unique car. A 93 coupe with a coyote swap and a F1-A Procharger hanging off of it. All the tuners where I live won't touch it. I was working with another tuner and he was great. He is very busy and some logs got lost. He was kind enough to set me up with a base tune for the car. After reading the book from LaSota I am confident I can tune it. I will get my dongle tomorrow. I have already signed the user agreement and downloaded the software. I can't wait!

Whats your combo?

Make sure you buy your PRP from Don Lasota, he'll set you up with a base tune thats pretty close you just fine tune it in from there.

These are definitely the responses I'm looking for. I have an 03 cobra with a 7679 comp turbo that's part of a half hellion/half custom turbo kit. Pretty run of the mill to be honest.

8urzo6

Established Member
So I got my Dongle and loaded the base tune. Did a quick log, did some math, corrected the MAF table, Set the commanded LAMBDA, pulled timing, and HOLY COW!!!! My car runs like crazy! It was super easy! Still have to do some fine tuning but i can not get over how simple it was. A/F cruising is 14ish WOT is 10.9.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
just got my book in the mail today, looking forwarding to reading through it this weekend

Users who are viewing this thread