Lasik....thoughts and recomendations in SE PA?

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
My company has rolled over funds for years in a medical fund that they pay for. I have well over 14k in it since I have hardly touched it. In fear of it possibly being taken away with budget cuts I am going to get a bunch of dental/laser eye surgery. I am nearsighted and finally decided to get rid of my glasses. Any one ever go through the precedure? Any problems? Would you do it again? Does anyone know of a GREAT doctor in SE Pa....price is of no concern here.

z28th1s

The 5.0 is Back!!!
Established Member
I was far-sighted and had Lasik done 2 1/2 years ago. It was the best money I have EVER spent!!!

The procedure itself took about 5 minutes and I was in and out of the doctor's office in about 2 hours. I went home took a nap and have had great vision ever since. I went back to work the next day!

I wore glasses or contacts from the time I was 6 years old until I had the surgery. I'm 43 years old now and I have 20/20 vision in both eyes and don't have to wear glasses for reading or distance.

It is so nice to be able to wear a regular pair of sunglasses now!

Go ahead and do it, you won't regret it!

1stockgt

Established Member
I got PRK (it's a different style laser procedure where they don't cut the flap) done about 4 years ago and haven't had any problems since. As stated above it is money well spent, and I would do it again in a heart beat. It's nice not to need glasses or contacts.

snakecharmer

Established Member
I had it done about 6 years ago. Mine has receeded a bit (now 20-30 in one eye and 20-40 in the other), but I'd still do it again in a minute. I do NOT miss putting in the contacts one bit, though I do keep some around for special occasions when I need to be 20-20 (sporting events and what not).

kens03cobra

COILED
Established Member
I got PRK (it's a different style laser procedure where they don't cut the flap) done about 4 years ago and haven't had any problems since. As stated above it is money well spent, and I would do it again in a heart beat. It's nice not to need glasses or contacts.

I too had the PRK, I think that is the way to go.. no flap to deal with and no fuzz corners some say they get with Lazik.

I had mine done in 2002 and I am still 20/15 in both eyes.

LOVE IT!!!

Best thing ever, and mine was FREE thanks to the US NAVY!!!

Good luck..

Ken

:beer::beer:

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I too had the PRK, I think that is the way to go.. no flap to deal with and no fuzz corners some say they get with Lazik.

I had mine done in 2002 and I am still 20/15 in both eyes.

LOVE IT!!!

Best thing ever, and mine was FREE thanks to the US NAVY!!!

Good luck..

Ken

:beer::beer:

Ken, where did you go for this? I too am starting to look into this procedure and would be interested in reading about a few of the places folks have gone.

beerformeplz

Kenne Bell Mach 1
Established Member
Best decision I ever made. It was nice to be able to go racing and not have to deal with glasses under a helmet. The only issue I have is my night vision, it gets blurry at night.

Users who are viewing this thread