Lash adjusters/lifters replacement

TRMN8RCRIS

Established Member
Got a call from the machine shop today saying my lifters are no good and need to be replaced. My choices are going with the dealer oe replacements which he got quoted on for like $900 which I find ridiculous, trick flow, or the cheaper route the melling which he told me was around $500. Which should I go with? This is just a street motor nothing crazy. My heads needed to be refreshed from an overheated motor.

Thanks!

hotcobra03

Established Member
I always call site vendor for price. .they sometimes can put a kit together for a great price..

autonation..found on fourms page..scroll down to site vendors.

You can also post a thread on there section and wait..they reply back fast

racebronco2

Established Member
I doubt very much if all your lifters are bad. Do they even know how to test them? You put them in a vise and apply air pressure to the hole on the side as you turn the vise to compress them. You need to compress them slowly. If they do not compress they are bad. If they do compress they are ok. This is the procedure according to John Mihovetz told me one of the times that i was at his shop.

racebronco2

Established Member
I have used ones for 50.00 shipped. They are just as good as now ones. They don't wear out but debris does get into them when you have an engine failure.

cozmo2806

up in dat azz
Established Member
Exactly what racebronco said. Highly unlikely they are all bad. I tested all 32 of mine and found 7 bad ones. Do some research here and save some coin.

Users who are viewing this thread