Laser Red Paint

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
alright so I haven't gone crazy looking yet but whenever i'm at advanced auto, walmart, autozone or w/e I usually look real quick and can never find laser red touch up paint... where do you guys get it from and around how much is it??

i'm also looking to get my front bumper repainted and maybe mirrors and sideskirts... i've heard that laser red is expensive.. what are your guys experiences with it?

Cobra96SVT

Beat Slow
Established Member
I believe the paint code is E9 or something.

The color is hard to match just like any red. I was quoted $300-$400 by a body shop to get it painted. I got a deal on getting my bumper painted for $100 because where i worked they had a bodyshop.

95StangRC

Established Member
it's hard to get matching laser red touch up paint because it is a tricoat color so most touch ups won't match anyway. try paintscratch.com. they have a kit with all three bases and clearcoat but it's gonna cost you around $35 for everything but it will match much better than regular touch up.

SVT-98-

3 Stangs & an Olds
Established Member
Its expensive because its a 3 stage paint process. Im not sure about the touch up paint though.

cobrkilrl

Established Member
i bought mine at pep boys auto. it does not match the paint even though it says laser red paint. the paint is a 3 step paint job. it is very expensive. had my wife's hood repainted on her 02 GT. It cost me around 600.00. had the center portion painted black to try and save a little. looks great but be prepaired to pay.

crazycarlo

Established Member
Well when I was in Napa last spring they didnt make a 2 stage only a 3 stage for lazer red which is why my fox body is now redfire metallic. But I didnt think they made touchup paint in the lil pens for colors that old. Hell I can barely find redfire now and thats an 03/04 color.

My94GT

Established Member
go to a body shop or call PPG use the paint code. im sure if you ask around or search you can find the paint code

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
this is going to kill my pocket.. I really want to redo my front bumper because the paints chipping alot around the fogs and just from daily driving all over in little sports, any experience on painting mirrors? hows it hold up?

My94GT

Established Member
this is going to kill my pocket.. I really want to redo my front bumper because the paints chipping alot around the fogs and just from daily driving all over in little sports, any experience on painting mirrors? hows it hold up?

my mirrors are painted and are holding up fine. BUT my car is a 94....94 and 95s came with smooth mirrors and come out alot better with paint then 96 to 98 mirrors.

as for cost go to a couple shops and get estamits. it shouldnt be over 200 with them doing evrything. bumper jobs arent that hard if the shop is at all good

fire

Bleeding Blue
Established Member
alright thanks alot guys, my grandpa knows a guy about an hour away who does body work so hopefully he can give me a decent price

scotty98

8 Ribs
Established Member
it not cheep. but looks killer. i found out when i had my speedster cover and 281 wing done. but the match is almost perfect. and i used ppg paint with a hook up and it still was $$$. if you are going to do it get the 3 stage. better results then the 2 stage from what i've seen:beer:

Erick

Established Member
Out of curiosity, how much should a full repaint be on a standard base/clear paint cost?

Sorry to hijack!

My94GT

Established Member
it not cheep. but looks killer. i found out when i had my speedster cover and 281 wing done. but the match is almost perfect. and i used ppg paint with a hook up and it still was $$$. if you are going to do it get the 3 stage. better results then the 2 stage from what i've seen:beer:

this is true 3 stage will look better but if your looking to do an all over the 2 stage is the way to go, and later down the road color match will be even better.

just figured id through that out there. but 3 stage if a better show of color

My94GT

Established Member
Out of curiosity, how much should a full repaint be on a standard base/clear paint cost?

Sorry to hijack!

at the shop im at we start at 5 grand and work our way up from there. mine was a color change and a 3 stange paint and i used well over 1 grand in materials at my cost. the job its self all said and done would have set me back atleast 5 or 6 grand

Erick

Established Member
at the shop im at we start at 5 grand and work our way up from there. mine was a color change and a 3 stange paint and i used well over 1 grand in materials at my cost. the job its self all said and done would have set me back atleast 5 or 6 grand

Thanks!
At least I know what I'm looking at now.

Users who are viewing this thread