Largest Stolen Valor Fraud in History

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Would Richard Blumenthal qualify?
Def up there! But not to her level.

Blumenthal received five draft deferments during the Vietnam War,[15] first educational deferments, then deferments based on his occupation.[16] In April 1970 Blumenthal enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserve which, The New York Times reported, "virtually guaranteed that he would not be sent to Vietnam".[17][18][19] He served in units in Washington, D.C., and Connecticut from 1970 to 1976,[20][21] attaining the rank of sergeant.[22]

During his 2010 Senate campaign, news report videos that showed Blumenthal claiming he had served in Vietnam created a controversy.[23] Blumenthal denied having intentionally misled voters, but acknowledged having occasionally "misspoken" about his service record.[24] He later apologized to voters for remarks about his military service which he said had not been "clear or precise".[25]

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Being from CT, I well remember Blumenthal's service in Viet Nam claims. He claimed he occasionally misspoke his service. No, you LIED about it! This women is as bad....no, worse!!

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Considering the paperwork involved in just dealing with the VA, I'm surprised she got away with any of this..

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
How the hell does someone take their lies that far and not get caught sooner? Jesus Christ, im more surprised by that than anything.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I liked to know the name of the person in question but refuse to click this bullshit. I mean the stolen valor part, I've watched one or two of the guy making video and just can't bring myself to click it even though I want the story.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Little hard to watch but a crazy story. How someone could take it so far is hard to believe without being caught earlier. Being around wounded and retired Vets, how was she able to make it through stories of her deployment .

Edit: So basically she was a volunteer at a VA and assumed the life of someone that she had records access to. Wow, very bold for sure.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Couldn't help but notice every time she lied, her eyes drifted up or down, away from the camera recording her.

Users who are viewing this thread