larger throttle body on 03 cobra???

i8u

Established Member
I was wondering if replacing the factory 57mm throttle body with a BBK 62mm twin throttle would be benificial on an all else stock 03 cobra? the reason i ask is because i have a one from my 98 cobra.

Thanks

SPDFRK

Established Member
From what I have read from numerous articles on throttle bodies, the single blade design is a lot better! I wish I could tell you more but I don't have any tested knowledge of my own on this. Give JDM a call in the Lightning forums they have done numerous tests on them! They seem to be getting very impressive numbers with them on the "L."

Wish I could help more but I don't wan't want to give you incorrect information! Sorry....:)

Cat Breath

Established Member
Try it

I'd give it a shot. MM&FF say they got 17-20 HP out of their 500HP fridge (lightning) project just from going from the 57mm TB to the new single peice AccuFab TB while running ~20 psi boost. Though even if it gives you 5-10 HP I doubt it would be noticable. Still, all the little mods add up.

PFA

Established Member
Originally posted by i8u
I was wondering if replacing the factory 57mm throttle body with a BBK 62mm twin throttle would be benificial on an all else stock 03 cobra? the reason i ask is because i have a one from my 98 cobra. Thanks
Twin 57mm is the way it comes, just like the previous twin years.

Users who are viewing this thread