Large single cat

s351

Established Member
Just wondering if anyone has thought about running a 4" diameter magnaflow hi flow diesel catalytic converter, to get rid of some of the smells catless cars make? I'm running a 4 inch exhaust from the turbo to cat back. Will this flow enough/last long?

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
It'd be subject to the quality/design of the cat, and the driving habits.

Where could you fit such a thing though? You'd need it as close to the headers as you can get, but there isn't space. The muffler wells are big enough but that's way too far from the headers.

s351

Established Member
Ya I didn't think so but I was just throwing an idea out there to get rid of some smells, associated with runing catless

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
The smells are annoying. I bet there are some high flow cats you could try. Pricey little f*ckers though.

s351

Established Member
Ridiculously expensive, the vibrant ones are like 500, the only thing I found were the diesel hi flows from magnaflow, I was going to put it just after my down pipe. I just hate pulling up to a stop light and it just stinks, or I have to shut my ac off when waiting at a light. Once you go 4 inch exhaust it becomes hard to find a solution.

In the process of a custom exhaust just was looking for ideas.

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Diesel stuff like aftermarket, and high flow should work if you find a space for it.

s351

Established Member
I'm guessing I'm going to try running without for a bit, but I drive the car a lot so If it get annoying I'll be putting something on.

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
What fuel are you on? My car has 4" exhaust and exits the driver side bumper and on e85 I have no issues that I've noticed, and no complaints thus far from passengers.

Sent from my 2PS64 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread