Laguna Seca Gauges

dean_acheson

Established Member
I've installed the 2012 Laguna Gauges in my 2012 Boss. The center performance gauge seems to read a bit off after calabration. It measures different things, such as 1/4 mile time, 0-60, etc., but also real time G forces in both forward/backwards and lateral grip. After calibration, it seems to think the car is turning left all the time.

I'm wondering if anyone here has had this issue with their LS gauge packages.

314825_10151058526146928_1133994143_n.jpg

dean_acheson

Established Member
I got the gauges from Blue Oval Industries, which is the best price I found on them. The folks at BOI were great on the phone, fast shipping, etc. I went with this setup since it is factory for the Boss cars, and having seen it on the LS cars at Track Attack, I thought that they were great. They are pricy, but they come together with a wiring loom to make the installation easier and cleaner.

2010-2012 Ford Racing Mustang Boss 302 Laguna Seca 3 Gauge Pack - Home for your Ford Mustang

I had the gauges installed by my Ford Dealer. It did not look to bad to do them, honestly, but the last part, step 13, kind of scared me, and this car is my DD.

http://www.fordracingpartsdirect.com/v/vspfiles/assets/images/m-6304gpack-ma instructions.pdf

The dealer did the install for a couple hundred bucks, and did a great and clean job of it. Had it done at the same dealer where I have bought my last few cars, and have been very impressed with them.

As to my readout issues, I called autometer, they told me to contact the seller, who told me to contact Ford Racing, who told me that the center gauge has issues. I have to box it up and they are sending me a new one. That's the nice thing about his package, it's got a male/female connector at the pod, so there isn't any rewiring, just take the top off the pod, unclick the guages, and get the replacement- instead of having multiple gauges to wire up.

ArabianOak

Established Member
wow...that is hundreds less than it is at other websites...definetly on my short list of future upgrades!

how much did the dealer charge you, if you dont mind telling...

dean_acheson

Established Member
250ish bucks? Right at that. All in all, I got it in the car for less than what the package lists at most places, and didn't have to scare the hell out of myself installing it.

All in all, worth it, I think. Man, it's cool to look at, and makes up for not having the neat 2013 track apps.

dean_acheson

Established Member
Yes, I did get my issues figured out. I had a faulty center unit. I popped it out, sent it to Ford Racing, and they shipped me a new set. Took 4 days?

I love having real guages and the factory look. No problems with the new unit.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Yes, I did get my issues figured out. I had a faulty center unit. I popped it out, sent it to Ford Racing, and they shipped me a new set. Took 4 days?

I love having real guages and the factory look. No problems with the new unit.

what all does the performance gauge do? I know 1/4 mile and 0-60 but what else?

Also, have you figured out how accurate it is yet?

Dadz500

Established Member
Anyone do these on a 13'? Or is everyone using the screen in between speedo and tech? I really like them and would like to do them on my 13', I know I can see all the same things using the track apps screen, I just like the way they look.

dean_acheson

Established Member
The center gauge does 0-60, 60-10, 1/4 mile, horsepower, constant G readings left/right or forward/back.

Above is my old gauge, and it was reading .5 g turn sitting still.

It does the things the trap app does now, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread