Laguna Fake-a thread

Rusty67

Established Member
I believe my friend spotted the first fake Laguna Seca I've ever heard of. It apparently had paint matched wheels and it was black and red in all the right places. The guy had been pulled over by a cop and was getting a ticket. My friend said that the car had cobra badges on it (who would do that to a real Boss ?) and he said he thinks the rims didn't match the style of the LS rims. The car also didn't have the Boss decals.

Sounds like a lot of trouble to try and be something you aren't...

Anyone else seen a fake around ?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
A dealer had one on ebay last year, black with all the red accents and stripes EXCEPT the roof. even had the splitter. Called it the Boss appearance package.. Wanted like $10K over the price of a GT. :poke:

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I haven't seen a fake but I expect to catch some flak when this goes on the back of mine. After I track my Boss at Laguna Seca of course. ;-)

LSfakegascap.jpg

BlackNDecker

Come at me bro!
Established Member
I would like to get one of those but put my own vinyl graphic in the middle...where did you get it? What is the part #? How much did it run you?

5 DOT 0

Established Member
I got mine elsewhere and he does not have any more for sale. Here's a couple on ebay and you can get the parts numbers from the auctions.

I contacted a guy that makes the decals and he's trying to get licensing from from Ford to make one with Boss 302 on it. If he gets approval I'll start a thread on it.

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Users who are viewing this thread