LACR Report

stang99

It was fun invading LACR and running the '03's in packs. Of course, none of us can drive worth a hoot since there were no 11's and none of us were thrown out for not having cages, but it was lots of fun and nice meeting everyone.

There was some good side by side racing that took place and it is always fun to have a close race against a car that is similar to your own car. This actually happened twice, and both races involved Juan, who, I believe laid down another personal best tonight. I also believe that PModdy also laid down a personal best, but, I was on his case really bad, so I did not properly congratulate him. Drag slicks will get him his 12's no sweat.

It appeared that George had a definite power edge over the rest of us since he had some excellent trap speeds.

The wind was blowing some all night and the track was sort of slippery, especially later in the evening. It also was possible to get distracted by the pit tootsies as there was definitely some eye candy at the track.

If I am going to run Sal's Mustang Day, I definitely need some more power since my car is way down on power and can barely get down the track.

I do not wish to disclose who actually ran the best ET of the '03's tonight, but three of the cars were clearly running the fastest and their times were just about identical.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
sorry to hear your car's having issues. hope you can get it back to it's usual self before sal's day. besides the car not feeling like itself, how did you do? :)

stang99

I lost to Juan in one of those close races. He did a better reaction time than me and went 3.5 mph faster through the traps. Ruined my perfect record of beating him. I only made three runs since it was the usual LACR slip and slide Friday night.

stang99

Juan and I made a close run at 7:44. I checked the detailed weather info for the track at 7.53 and using the correction involving humidity/temp/altitude/barometric pressure etc; the altitude density at that time was 5032'. My times would correct to [email protected] and Juan's time would correct to [email protected]. Sometimes you just have to make a correction to see if you are crazy or not since people with your approximate dyno numbers are running the numbers at other strips in the country.

The correction factors at the following times are:

5:53 Alt density 5576' ET X .926 MPH X 1.0744
6:53 Alt density 5380' ET X .929 MPH X 1.0712
7:53 Alt density 5032' ET X .934 MPH X 1.0655
8:53 Alt density 4921' ET X .936 MPH X 1.0637
9:53 Alt Density 4800' ET X .938 MPH X 1.0618

Although I basically don't like to do conversions, pro drag racers rely on these same considerations when tuning their cars. It really makes sense to consider the conditions while racing. I feel that us LACR racers could represent fairly well with some practice since it seems unrealistic to think that all of our Calif cars are that much weaker than the cars in the rest of the country and that all us Calif drivers are that much lamer than the drivers in the reat of the country.

PModdy: You were deep in the 12's tonight. At 7:53 13.92, or better, was in the 12's corrected. A 13.01 would have corrected to 12.15.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
P. I honestly enjoyed ur company today & very happy u made it :thumbsup:

Telling u LACR would not be the same with out u there.......when i went on my own it was a bit boring u can say.

I dont take any of ur bagging serious at all & its all in good fun...plus i deserved it :D
Now i see why u go so early & leave after all the Ricers come to the track.......see learn some thing every day :beer:

Damn i should pushed u all to line up for some pics :bash: Only pic i got now is in the Valley :cuss:

As for it being corrected low 12's still aint good enough but wanting to see it on paper is what i really want :(

Good times spent with all. :beer:

jonas

Established Member
yay
so i did 11's too corrected :)

eat that east coast and their sub sea level conditions.

we need an east vs west shootout

stang99

There are other considerations when making corrections for conditions.
First: We all know how much better our cars run down by the ocean on a cool day, so going to high altitude on a hot day or with high humidity or a head wind (which was not factored into the correction) obviously makes a real difference. My friend's, with the new silver Evo VIII, first comment when he pulled into the track was how doggy his Evo felt. He lives in LA and does all of his driving at sea level.
Second: When I went from a 3.1 to a 3.0 pulley, which is not much of a change, I still had real problems launching the first time I took it to the track. So, if we were running under more ideal conditions, I'd bet that we would have real difficulty launching well enough and shifting 1->2 to acheive those theoretical time that the correction says we would have. It would take me a number of visits and quite a few runs to get used to all the extra power. So, although the corrected numbers are an indicator, and, although the numbers seem realistic based upon the dyno charts for our cars and the results of similar cars elsewhere, all that really counts is the timing slip that you can scan with the actual numbers on it.

My final thought is that one of the reason that I have trouble at C-Bad is that I am dealing with a lot more power at an ice rink. Not a valid excuse if I were a super pro driver, but, I have seen John Force go up in smoke at the line andalso half way down the track. It's an art and a talent to launch hard in slippery conditions, and, the more effective RW power you have, the better you have to be to drive it.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
"As for it being corrected low 12's still aint good enough but wanting to see it on paper is what i really want"

Absolutely... :thumbsup:

Sounds like the conditions were tough. Still wish I had been there.

JW

stang99

Yes, we wanted you there too. Then there would have been eight '03's at the track. Plus, your car is right there as far as its proven performance at LACR so there might have been some additional side by side practically photo finish runs. These are absolutely the best races.
You could have got in line to beat Juan, but you would have had to wait your turn since he was in great demand.

[/QUOTE] Sounds like the conditions were tough. Still wish I had been there.

JW [/B][/QUOTE]

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Well no thanks to Mr James.....im beating my self up hard to see the 12's on paper :cuss:

Thank You very much James :rolleyes:

13.025......damn close but not freaking good enough :cuss: I wanted to seriously beat some one down since its not a good sight in front of every one to beat ur self up :shrug:

stang99

Getting close is just another form of torture. PModdy was doing really well using altitude conversion and running some good corrected times until Walker senior busted him up. Now he hasn't been the same since. Also, wait until he tries to launch on the Spec clutch. That sucker will hit so hard that it will be nearly impossible with street tires. He's going to go slower for sure. Maybe 14's? Of course I might be making this up to psych him out, but, would I do such a thing?

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Getting close is just another form of torture. PModdy was doing really well using altitude conversion and running some good corrected times until Walker senior busted him up. Now he hasn't been the same since. Also, wait until he tries to launch on the Spec clutch. That sucker will hit so hard that it will be nearly impossible with street tires. He's going to go slower for sure. Maybe 14's? Of course I might be making this up to psych him out, but, would I do such a thing?

:dw: :mj:

Hum. Would i mess with another competitors car :smmon:

:shrug:

:p

stang99

I remember the last time Walkerz loaned out the tires. They almost didn't get their record times since they were not running the good tires. At C-Bad you don't get a lot of runs since it is not nearly as well run as LACR. Also, pit space that is not in the middle of sandy unpaved dirt, is very scarce. Amenities such as a snack bar don't exist and there are no displays to show the times of the people who are running. It doesn't get any more primitive than C-Bad. It must be in a class of its own as far as 1/4 mile strips go.

stang99

Am I to understand that the vert will be legal to run at C-Bad, NHRA spec roll cage and all? And, sporting additonal power enhancements?
It is tempting to make the ride down there, but, it is actually a very poor spectator arena since they have no displays of times and ET's and you can even see the action from the staging lanes. They sometimes announce times and speeds, but, their speakers are also hopelessly poor. It's even hard to grudge race there because of the nature of the staging lanes.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
Am I to understand that the vert will be legal to run at C-Bad, NHRA spec roll cage and all? And, sporting additonal power enhancements?
It is tempting to make the ride down there, but, it is actually a very poor spectator arena since they have no displays of times and ET's and you can even see the action from the staging lanes. They sometimes announce times and speeds, but, their speakers are also hopelessly poor. It's even hard to grudge race there because of the nature of the staging lanes.

Yes and hopefully yes. To compensate for the additional Vert weight and my additional weight.

The reason to go down there is so we can all woof at each other in person instead of using these incessant posts.
No more posts today, Tetge. None of us...
JW

stang99

I won't post anymore if you don't. Trust me. I figured with PModdy all obsessed with his tires and his clutch, we could make up some posts on him.
Is there any truth to the rumor that there is a new site called SVPModdy.com?

Users who are viewing this thread