LACR Friday 07/11/03

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Any one else wants to hook up at LACR / Palmdale?

Going out this friday 07/11/03.
$15.00 to race.
5pm - 10pm

SonicVenum's / willing to take a nice drive.

Be nice for some Lightning owners to show up as well :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by sonic boom
I'd be willing to come up just to see your car run poison. With all those mods you gotta be styling.

No really :lol:

Im just hoping that the track hooks up this time out

U really going to go?

Thus far its SonicVenum...which is going to look like a very nice car since he doesnt drive it so much & me thus far.

Hope u do make it there :beer:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Hey Sonic.
Already confirmed with SonicVenum...he's making his way with traffic and all. I think i might get there by 6 or 7...not sure yet & cant say how traffic is to the track just yet?

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
How'd you guys do?

I had a great time. There ended up being about 8 '03s there, I believe. Thie list was Poisonous Mods, Jonas, Sonic Boom, Tetge, FiveOhDean, J or A H Walker, myself, and maybe one or two more.

Well, it turns out this car is pretty hard to drive, if you've never trag raced before. First time out, I got a pretty sweet burnout with the Nittos, and followed that up with a blazing 19.59 pass at 86.02 mph, during which I red-lighted, spun BADLY off the line (throughout first), then proceeded to miss the shifts into 2nd and 3rd (never even made it to 4th). WOW.:bash: :bash: :bash:
However, Tetge was kind enough to stop making fun of me for a second to adjust my clutch. Coincedently, I ran against him on my 2nd run, where I pulled off my best run of the night: 13.33 @ 109.42 w/ 2.10 60'. For that track at that elevation, I guess that's not so bad for a 2nd lifetime run.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

SonicVenum

11 sec. Member
Established Member
How'd you guys do?

I had a great time. There ended up being about 8 '03s there, I believe. Thie list was Poisonous Mods, Jonas, Sonic Boom, Tetge, FiveOhDean, J or A H Walker, myself, and maybe one or two more.

Well, it turns out this car is pretty hard to drive, if you've never drag raced before. First time out, I got a pretty sweet burnout with the Nittos, and followed that up with a blazing 19.59 pass at 86.02 mph, during which I red-lighted, spun BADLY off the line (throughout first), then proceeded to miss the shifts into 2nd and 3rd (never even made it to 4th). WOW.:bash: :bash: :bash:
However, Tetge was kind enough to stop making fun of me for a second to adjust my clutch. Coincedently, I ran against him on my 2nd run, where I pulled off my best run of the night: 13.33 @ 109.42 w/ 2.10 60'. For that track at that elevation, I guess that's not so bad for a 2nd lifetime run.:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
How'd you guys do?

Its was fun again at the track :beer:

Good to meet the new folks.

SonicVenum / Juan.. u did good on my book :beer: but id say u would of taking me on the 1/4, that story will be for the next time out. Ur Trap speeds been better then mine all night. :thumbsup:

Jonas / George.. i love the stance ur car has :eek: Gots to save money to have the ride height like urs. Sucks that this time the enforcer was out. Nothing worse then listening to the blah blah blah, tech dudes. But you did run much better this time out so ur money well spent bro, plus it looks really nice. ;-)

Sonic Boom / Chirs.. :beer: runs & u did good bro. A little more time & ur going to be flying.. :)

Andorian ... Note Beware of the Boom / An 18yr kid that just might pass u up. :p

J/K.

Good times.....guys we must do this again & soon.

Last edited:

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Oh....wait.

OX must go next time out :beer: .... There is a Lower Pulley among us.
Its really fun & u get to BS & do runs at the same time. What more could u ask for?

How about going to San Diego Carlsbad? or Fontana Speedway?
They are both open on Saturdays & its closer to Sea Level.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Glad to hear you all had fun. That's what it's all about.:beer:

That is the entire truth of it all. Get away from reality for a few hours & just enjoy it all.
Plus the self competion in running better times is always fun.

Be better at what u can be. ;-)

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
As a final tag to the LACR times, the local race shop that I use has extensive connections to racing at LACR and they said that the air at LACR was about as bad as air could get on Friday night. That combined with a stiff headwind pretty much ruled out any good ET's.

Tegte, Yes u can feel the wind for sure. My times improved compared to the last time out & think its because of the track prep. Had they not had to run the crazy dudes on the bikes think track prep would of been an issue :shrug:

How high above sea level is LACR? Some folks say its 2000F & some say 3000F. So calculation on times vary from person to person. .50 - 1 sec different.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread