LACR -- 11.72, 11.94, 11.96, 11.98

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
LACR is finally giving us some 11s.

Jonas -- 11.72 with the ET Streets.
Adam -- 11.94 on his first run of the night (backed up with 11.98)
James -- a desperation 11.96 on my last run of the night after a 12.02 and that sinking feeling that LACR was kicking me in the teeth one more time. MPH for Adam and me was a low 112,113. LACR giveth, LACR taketh away...
Jonas with that monster power hit 118 on his 11.72 run. His car sounds like a hard-core race mosheen going down the track.

Juan and Tetge may have been in the 11s with the Piggies shoes on, we just ran out of time. Tetge's car somehow just keeps finding more and more power!!! It must be finally breaking in at 38,000 miles!

It was COLD, but the track was giving 1.75. 1.76 60 ft times with an exellent burnout (Adam) or even a crappy burnout (Geezer) -- on the 11.5 in ET Streets. Piggie had NO CHANGES (!) since the last runs at C-Bad, so with the 2700 ft elevation and that great 30 degree temp, it balanced out about .3 slower than C-Bad.

A fun evening, as usual.
James

Last edited:

jonas

Established Member
dassit
I'm buying some slicks and rims.

My one and only run on slicks with a 1.8ish 60 foot the car hooked and felt like a jet fighter hitting its afterburner.

stang99

It appears that I left too soon. But, I was freezing and I needed to get some anti-freeze into me asap. I am going to try to figure the AD for Friday, but, Bernie told me that they worked hard to prep the track and, I got my best ever 60' time on my new record run on my Nittos, so, when they first opened the track, there was really good traction in the tower side lane.
My car is running very nicely right now and should run 11's no problem at Carlsbad if they have another outlaw season next year.
Both Juan and I might have been able to do 11's on the ET Streets depending upon how good our 60' times would have been. We both are taking it easy on the 1->2 shift to avoid spin so there would be additional time gained by being able to pull harder shifts down the track. It would have taken about a 1.70 60' for me to do 11's, which should be possible with the ET Streets on my car.
Meanwhile, the Nittos get faster and faster.

stang99

The ET Streets and rims that are on the Walkers car were not that expensive. I got the AFS rims and the Nittos ($800 or so) so that I could drive the car with the tires on it to places such as Carlsbad which was a 300+ mile round trip. The Nittos are a fine highway radial but the ET Streets would not last very long on the street or be at all friendly in wet conditions. I did not wish to have to carry a floor jack and torque wrench etc to the track along with my DR's. So, I compromised with the Nittos. They work pretty well, but, they are no match for ET Streets when it comes to always hooking no matter what the track prep.

Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
Yeah too bad that the tires & rims arent so cheap. If every one would have ET Streets it would be nice to see all Cali Cobra's in the 11's AT LACR.

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
U guys are always talikng about how touch LACR is. Why? elevation? track
conditions? just curious...

:shrug:

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
lacr...
-2700'
-in the middle of a quary(sp?)=dust and sand always blowing across the track
-so-so track prep 90% of the time
-usually windy

but...
-i'd say its very well organized=lots of runs most of the time

Wild Bill

Established Member
:beer: Grats. I hope to join you guys in the 11 sec club.We will see on jan 24 as I will go to my first test and tune.My best so far here has been 12.4,but that was about 40 hp ago,also it is much cooler out now.They also dont do any track prep for the midnight mayhems.Wish me luck.;-)

amwalker

the wrench
Established Member
dang, good luck bro! and just get a set of bfg's or nittos for the back, cause with the extra 40 you might need it on the streets.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Those are great times for LACR. You guys keep going faster and faster! :beer:

Thanks Dan.
I'll bet the KB guys are going to find a way into the 10s at LACR, and us poor underpowered Eaton guys may find mid-11s there. Tetge says the track was in great shape early, so we should have made it there a little sooner.
James;-)

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
Walker racing team keep getting quicker and quicker, congrats to james, Adam on the 11s and jonas and sure better times are on the horizon. 03 Cobra rules:beer:

Last edited:

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Poisonous Mods
I checked and at 7:53 the density altitude at LACR was 1536'. The correction factors would be: ET x .983 and trap x 1.0168. The weather readings are not taken at the drag strip, and there are other factors involved, but, the DA was favorable Friday night, by LACR standards.

Quoted Tetge.

Well James it looks like corrected times do work. Maybe a little off but not much. Pretty damn close to what u ran @ C-bad :D

Interesting, eh? I wish we had arrived a little earlier. Friday and Saturday should be fun...
James

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by SSlow 01
Wow guys , those times are incredible for LACR.
Congrats are in order .:beer:

-Abtin

Thanks (I'll speak for George since his was the great time) -- are you going to make it out this Saturday?
I don't think I have seen your car, and your mods sound interesting.

James

stang99

We have to make another trip to Carlsbad. I am hoping that I can improve on my prior times there at this point, based upon my recent LACR times. I will go to the Outlaw event as soon as it resumes since that seems to be the best prep and the coolest people to run with. Maybe you can bring the Vett out and see if our snakes are venomus enough to get your attention?

Originally posted by Kat
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: Congrats to all :beer:

Kat

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
We have to make another trip to Carlsbad. I am hoping that I can improve on my prior times there at this point, based upon my recent LACR times. I will go to the Outlaw event as soon as it resumes since that seems to be the best prep and the coolest people to run with. Maybe you can bring the Vett out and see if our snakes are venomus enough to get your attention?

They got my attention all right :eek: I had such a blast last time we all went and was bummed when we couldn't make the last trip.

I will try to keep an eye out for when you guys next head to Carlsbad. But as of the past couple of weeks I have cut down on my Post Ho'ing so haven't been over here much

Happy New Year to all :beer:

Kat

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by Kat
They got my attention all right :eek: I had such a blast last time we all went and was bummed when we couldn't make the last trip.

I will try to keep an eye out for when you guys next head to Carlsbad. But as of the past couple of weeks I have cut down on my Post Ho'ing so haven't been over here much

Happy New Year to all :beer:

Kat

and a Happy New Year to you guys too. It was good to meet you and Pat this past year.
James

Users who are viewing this thread